Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
‘22 Renegade XXC 1000R
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have about 16 hours on a ‘22 Rene and I am at times now hearing a weird whine. It usually comes on after coupling AWD, but it doesn’t go away when it’s decoupled and if I am running 2WD only.

Can someone please let me know if it’s normal or what I should check? It sounds like it’s coming from the right side of the motor. Here are a couple videos:

Normal: Normal run

Whine:

Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
2021 outlander 850 MAX XTP
744 Posts
Well not sure just covering what the bikes are know for and getting that out of the way. Mainly when the bike is hot the tank will vent and it makes this humming noise, and if the bike is off and your sitting on it you can feel it to lol.lots of newbies thinking something was wrong.

·
Regular Joe
2014 Maverick 1000r
7,571 Posts
I'm hearing two different odd sounds..... that constant kinda high-pitched whine, and then a lower kinda growl, on decel only

Tank vent valve could be the culprit, as suggested ^ , for that higher pitched whine, but I'm drawing a blank on that decel one

·
Registered
‘22 Renegade XXC 1000R
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’m wondering if it needs to go to the dealer. I relieved the pressure in the tank and rode it again this morning and it does appear the high whine to not be as bad, but it’s definitely still present.

I was able to isolate it a little more this time to AWD being engaged. It appears to go away after disengaging AWD.

·
Regular Joe
2014 Maverick 1000r
7,571 Posts
I was able to isolate it a little more this time to AWD being engaged. It appears to go away after disengaging AWD.
That may be the driveline complaining about being "locked in" on a surface it can't slip: it looks like you're on asphalt, in the vid?

I've never known a BRP driveline to be so precise that you can't run AWD on any surface, but maybe yours is? If you're off-road, or say on a surface the tires can slip a little, does it still whine?

·
Registered
‘22 Renegade XXC 1000R
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That may be the driveline complaining about being "locked in" on a surface it can't slip: it looks like you're on asphalt, in the vid?

I've never known a BRP driveline to be so precise that you can't run AWD on any surface, but maybe yours is? If you're off-road, or say on a surface the tires can slip a little, does it still whine?
I was testing on asphalt, correct. I will give it a shot on a different surface and report back.

thanks!

·
Regular Joe
2014 Maverick 1000r
7,571 Posts
On a second note, this isn’t the first time riding on asphalt and I do not recall having this whine on this type of pavement before.
Yeah I'm not sold on my theory being the problem, just throwing out ideas. So the bike's still breaking in, yeah? Have you changed out any of the gearbox/diff oils yet?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts