·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
For anyone that is planning on going to this event, so you know, I just booked a room for that weekend at the Royalty Inn in Gorham. Online sites said they were already full. Call the desk as that's how I was just able to reserve.

Man, the Top Notch Inn prices went waay up. :shock:

It's still two months away but last year, there was something like 750 riders going up Mt. Washington.

Here are a couple of threads for trails in the area if you get up there for Friday and Saturday and are new to Berlin/Gorham, etc:

http://www.can-amforum.com/forums/atv-trail-reviews/41834-jericho-state-park-berlin-nh.html

http://www.can-amforum.com/forums/atv-trail-reviews/53112-millsfield-nh-windmills.html

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bumping because;

1. It's only weeks away.

but more so

2. to get above all the damn spam threads.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My girlfriend and I are going on this ride. First time . sounds like fun . Hope for a clear day. Temps this year have been much cooler than expected. Might be a little chilli at the top . I drove by Mt Washington last week and it still has some snow on it . Does anyone know how long of a ride it is to the top ? Also plan on riding sasturday in Jerricho state park .

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think the distance from parking lot to peak is something like 6-7 miles.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Stunt driver Travis Pastrana did it a whole lot faster. :smilieyikes:

·
Registered
35 Posts
mt wash.

I went up the mt.on my Polaris atv in 2009 for the first time took me a little more time than Travis spent all day up there last one down good time recommend to everyone no experience quite like it around these parts:thumbsmilie:Wish had time this year prior commitments keeping me on the flatlands hope weather cooperates with event

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My friend and I chose not to do the Mt. Washington ride with the weather as crappy as it was. At least we got to enjoy the trails Friday and Saturday.

Anyone here go up Mt. Washington? I guess they limited it to the tree line (4-5 miles up, I'm thinking) due to the wind and heavy rain.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I couldn't make it that weekend but my girlfriend and I along with some friends are going there this Sunday (July 26) with VASA (Vermont All-Terrain Vehicles Sportsman's Association) hosted by the Lost Nation ATV Club. I'm really hoping the weather holds out.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I don't see an ATV ride listed on Mt Washington auto road web site for that day either

·
Registered
87 Posts
Normally you have to be registered for VT trail riding but this year they said they will allow NH registered machines to go since their ride was a bust due to the weather.

Helmets are required and I believe you can only have a passenger if the machine is factory made for one.

It isn't on the MT Washington site as it isn't an official event for them but rather coordinated with them by VASA.

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts