Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2010 Outlander 800 and looking at getting a snorkel in the very near future. Like immediately. Have any of you used either or and what are your thoughts. According to the pictures and descriptions, they sound and look pretty similar. I look forward to your comments.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have "snorkleyouratv" snorkel's on both my Outty max 650 and my Rengade 800,great fitment and easy install plus the shipping is fast,less than a week to the door.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Mine just came in today, gonna install it to tomorrow and i'll give ya my :smilietwocents:

·
Registered
156 Posts
orderd mud industry kits for my TWO atv's on the tenth and still dont have a shipping conformation and they wont email me back.

·
Registered
240 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have had at least 5 of my friends order from "snorkelyeratv" and they have all been at the house within a week and a tracking number was in my email by the next day.If you order monday morning it will prob be in the mail that day at least my first one I ordered was,my last one for my renegade was ordered on monday and was at the house Saturday.Packaged well and had you get someone immed. if you have to call.They will get my business from now on

WOW nearly $300 for that kit huh?I guess it does come with a predrilled dash($23 from Babbits) and Hi temp hose versus pvc,Nearly $130 more than the "SYA " kit.I am sure its a nice setup and you would not have to buy hole saw bits to drill the holes,the hi temp hose cost me nearly $10 a foot when I did my grizzly snorkels,flexible and seals great.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They need more angle pictures on there websites. the mud Industry one looks like it tucks closer to the pod but the air intake looks like it comes half way over your speedo.

On the snorkel your atv one, can you change the angles on your risers or is it what it is.

Also, anyone with the SYA setup, are any of you using the snorkel caps

·
Registered
997 Posts
Fireman's has the snorkel guards on. Ordered it for mine as well so I don't feel as bad for snorking it :th_smiliethumbsup:

·
Registered
76 Posts
you can change the angle of the cvt snorks but the air intake is what it is,here are a few pics of the renegade snorkel

...And another view of the Outlander snorkel

·
Registered
359 Posts
i also have the snorkle your atv kit. Would definately buy from them again

·
Registered
18 Posts
i just put on a SYA kit on with the snorkel guards. the kit is great installs good but would not recommend the snorkel guards. put one on a buddys same time first time out he melted his cover and primary weights. just couldnt get air flow until it was too late. i looked at mine right after and there was shards of rubber on the back side of the guards on the exhaust side that almost covered the hole screen.

go to the dealer and order a cvt prefilter. they come stock on new 800's. cost $10 and but it on you intakes. works better.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
My Brother ordered the mudindustries kit. Seems like it took him 3 weeks to get it but it was a nice kit and looks almost identical to the SYA kit. I like the riser angles on the MI kit better personally.

I just did my intake different but it looks a lot like both the kits above but its real tight to the pod.

·
Registered
76 Posts
well I checked my cvt snorkel guards and there was little pieces of rubber from the belt in the screen,havent pulled the cover yet,gonna order a new belt first so at least if I need one I will have it,I wonder if 1.5" is big enough to keep cool air moving in and hot air moving out of the cvt belt area?:th_smiliefrustrated

·
Registered
24 Posts
I love my Snorkelyouratvkit. would recommend to anyone.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Has anybody had any heating issues with the cvt using the snorkel guards? Debating whether to use them or not.

Can't wait to get my kit on.

P.S. As far as shipping goes I ordered a snorkel kit from performanceatvparts.com on May 26th and it will be here on Thursday, and thats having it shipped to Canada, 8 days isn't to bad, plus it was a holliday on Monday in the states.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I am running an East Coast kit and love it, great step by step instructions, instaled fairly easy, and works great. The only reason i went with this kit was because it is mounted to the pod with rubber boots so when you roll over or hit a low tree in the creek they just bend over or pop out. I have found this out first hand the hard way. They never come off just riding, jumping, or fast trail riding. Just my :smilietwocents: hope it helps

1 - 17 of 17 Posts