Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
i have a road legal Renegade 800R G2 2014 with Muzzy duals slip on (germany).
IMO the muzzys are too loud, but the power increase is great so i don´t want to miss them.

Any ideas or mods to turn down the sound of the muzzys?

thanks in advance

André

·
Registered
225 Posts
Use the quite cores. If it's still to loud then sell them or deal with it. They're not that much louder over stock with the cores in. And u might get 2-4hp with these slip ons with a tuner so doubt u will notice much more than noise.

·
Registered
518 Posts
i wouldn't put much belief into the power increases. i like my muzzy too but i'm not going to say it does much outside of the wicked growl it makes. for the price of a dual slip-on muzzy you could have replaced your primary with something that makes substantiated power.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
i wouldn't put much belief into the power increases. i like my muzzy too but i'm not going to say it does much outside of the wicked growl it makes. for the price of a dual slip-on muzzy you could have replaced your primary with something that makes substantiated power.

If you didn't notice 8-10 WHP then you aren't very sensitive!
Adding my Muzzy and tuner bumped mine up very noticeably.

Add the quiet cores, they make it almost stock quiet.

·
Registered
225 Posts
He said slip on u have a full system your sig says! My slip on didn't do much but noise and john at vfj had told me it's not a huge gain to full system. I was suprized as the headers on my grizzly were very restrictive that's y I went with a full barker exhaust.

·
Registered
518 Posts
exactly, a slip on might add a tad more throttle response. a full system might have a little more jam but 10hp to the wheels is a little far fetched.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
So you guys believe john, but you don't believe the videos of the dyno runs before and after the muzzy and tuner…….

·
Registered
225 Posts
I believe a full system with a tuned controller will give u 8rwhp but this og poster said he has a slip on and didn't want to lose the power he gained. You won't notice much from a slip on but sound. I could careless about a dyno run ran with stock tires then dyno tires from a guy trying to sell u shit!

·
Registered
397 Posts
I have a full system and is not loud at all. Maybe when the throttle is pinned, but even then not crazy loud....

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
I believe a full system with a tuned controller will give u 8rwhp but this og poster said he has a slip on and didn't want to lose the power he gained. You won't notice much from a slip on but sound. I could careless about a dyno run ran with stock tires then dyno tires from a guy trying to sell u shit!
you bought shit.....from the guy trying to sell you shit! VFJ! You're very contradicting, wow. It was dynoed before and after, results are there to see. Slip on has really good gains with VFJ tune. But only 2hp more with full system on stock motor.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
He sure sucked you into buying his shit.
He has said over and over the Full system only outdoes the slip on in the high rpm and as speed increases it holds 2 more HP, thats IT! The slip on is where the cheap power comes from.
I went full to get the welded in O2 bungs and bling looking pipes!

·
Registered
225 Posts
you bought shit.....from the guy trying to sell you shit! VFJ! You're very contradicting, wow. It was dynoed before and after, results are there to see. Slip on has really good gains with VFJ tune. But only 2hp more with full system on stock motor.
First off bud I meant shit as in stuff not like it's shit products or I would have bought something else. And from what I've seen and read the stock run was done with stock tires. U will never get a good reading on a dyno like that. I went off real peoples reviews of this clutch not the sellers video! I bought muzzy cause I've had there system before and they're second best but since barker doesn't make pipes for a outty i had no choice. My main reason for a slip on is so I can plow and drag logs for work and not piss the whole town off. I wanted sound not peak power or I'd of got the full system.

·
Registered
225 Posts
And john was a good guy when I bought this setup. He could have try and sold me the full muzzy but didn't he did the opposite. And I'm goin to weld a bung in the stock headers if I can for a afr gauge.

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
First off bud I meant shit as in stuff not like it's shit products or I would have bought something else. And from what I've seen and read the stock run was done with stock tires. U will never get a good reading on a dyno like that. I went off real peoples reviews of this clutch not the sellers video! I bought muzzy cause I've had there system before and they're second best but since barker doesn't make pipes for a outty i had no choice. My main reason for a slip on is so I can plow and drag logs for work and not piss the whole town off. I wanted sound not peak power or I'd of got the full system.
both runs were done on same bike/ same tires/ same day. Only difference was pipe and VFJ digituner. what's the clutch got to do with dynoing a pipe? two different performance mods. slip on is not quieter than a full system. same noise.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Should have said exhaust not clutch I'll fix that. Dyno comments from a thread I read said stock tires. That's y I said from from I read. And that's funny every exhaust I've done from 3 wheelers I've had plus this one full exhaust is louder unless the head pipe are the same as stock for your full muzzy. I realize it's the same can but u have more flow witch means more sound in most cases.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
A full muzzy on my bone stock 62rwhp 1000 renegade without a fuel programmer made an additional 8rwhp.
A full hmf made an additional 5rwhp without a fuel programmer. That's from myself as an independent tester and enthusiast that ain't trying to sell anyone anything.
Now throw a fuel controller on either of those and you will make more power. It's true about the quiet cores with work arrestors not doing a significant loss in power and in some cases an increase in power with them installed. Also depending on the hours of the muzzy cans a repacking may have to be done which will decrease noise output.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
power gain:
i have a maschine for europe. they have an other exhaust with a catalytic converter (you guys in the USA don´t have that).
so the power increase and throttle response with the muzzys is huge!!! don´t were on a dyno, but you can feel it definitely.
My 800R fells like the 1000 now!!!

noice:
Do I need to buy a special quite core or are they original installed?
There were a few shims in the package from muzzy. For what are they good?

i drive several miles with over 6000 rpm without a brake. that´s the reason because the muzzys are a little bit too loud for me.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
A full muzzy on my bone stock 62rwhp 1000 renegade without a fuel programmer made an additional 8rwhp.
A full hmf made an additional 5rwhp without a fuel programmer. That's from myself as an independent tester and enthusiast that ain't trying to sell anyone anything.
Now throw a fuel controller on either of those and you will make more power. It's true about the quiet cores with work arrestors not doing a significant loss in power and in some cases an increase in power with them installed. Also depending on the hours of the muzzy cans a repacking may have to be done which will decrease noise output.

Thank you Sir! :th_smiliethumbsup:

I wonder if the other dudes "butt dyno" will be all butt hurt now?

·
Vendor
1,338 Posts
Realize this fellas....THE OP HAS AN 800CC!!!!

800cc slipon takes a 51 rwhp stock 800 to 54-55 rwhp with a tuner set properly.

that's 3-4 HP gain. ALSO there are full systems for the muzzy.

You guys re arguing about gains that are NOT even relative to this guys machine!! 1000cc slip-on puts you at 70-71 rwhp full system 71-72 rwhp. this is 1000cc's NOT 800c'!!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Realize this fellas....THE OP HAS AN 800CC!!!!

800cc slipon takes a 51 rwhp stock 800 to 54-55 rwhp with a tuner set properly.

that's 3-4 HP gain. ALSO there are full systems for the muzzy.

You guys re arguing about gains that are NOT even relative to this guys machine!! 1000cc slip-on puts you at 70-71 rwhp full system 71-72 rwhp. this is 1000cc's NOT 800c'!!

A slipon biggun exo exhaust on a 800 outlander puts down 58rwhp.
What people are posting is comparisons of what exhaust systems make as an example so no need to get upset as everyone know what cc the OP has as its posted.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts