Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I been looking at the power commander site and power commanders are not available for 09 and up ... only 06 , 07 , 08. Mines a 09 800R EFI Outlander and I looked and it has one installed . I bought it used. has factory pipe.
Any thoughts on how it was installed ?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I have a PC3 on my 2012 xmr installed and tuned by MrRpm.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a PC3 on my 2012 xmr installed and tuned by MrRpm.
Not sure what that has to do with my question ... but congratulations. I'm asking about the 09 800 outlander.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
You said they only show it for 06,07 and 08. Saying I have on on a '12 and works fine. It installs like any other blinky box, 2 connections piggybacking the injectors and a ground. Your question is vague and don't appreciate the smart remark newb.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You said they only show it for 06,07 and 08. Saying I have on on a '12 and works fine. It installs like any other blinky box, 2 connections piggybacking the injectors and a ground. Your question is vague and don't appreciate the smart remark newb.
Not sure how else to explain it , pretend you have a 2009 800xt outlander , go to the powercommander website for info on it. there isnt any. you cant buy one for a 09 , you can for your model. but , mine has one installed and it puzzles me, and yes i'm a newb and no disrespect ...

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
The one for the 09 renegade that they DO list is exactly the same. I went to the site and no idea why they listed them like that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well im just affraid that the air intake and exhuast flow would be a bit different on renegade and outlander and the mapping be out a bit , hate to lean out the motor. its obviously sensitive if you have to change mapping for a k&n air filter ...exhaust slip on etc. puzzling.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
It's possible they offered one years back and no longer do. The PCV has pretty much replaced all the previous versions from them at this point.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Do you really need it? My 06 has nothing more then an aftermarket exhaust and I can stand it up from a rolling start!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts