Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what this part is called ?
I’ve snapped it out green laning today

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I tried to look it up, but not enough information. Update you profile with year and model. And add more pictures (looking at the picture you have, it's nothing that I am familiar with, my Outlander had the battery under the seat, this one looks like it is somewhere on the frame).
Anyway, what I would do is go to a parts website (like Partzilla.com) and look up your ride and try to find that part in there sections i.e. "Frame", you should be able to find it.
Good Luck.

Reactions: Mjd5182

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Anyone know what this part is called ?
I’ve snapped it out green laning today

The model ( 2012 Outlander 500 ) you have listed in your previous posts does not match the part from the dealer fiche .
Check year / model then :

Dealer parts fiche > Year / model > frame .

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
2012 had a mix of G1 and G2 frames. looks to be a G1 frame, 500cc standard or max frame, 800 XMR and the 500cc Rene all used that piece. its called a "rear battery support" for the outlanders or just "reinforcement" for renegades, either way the part number is,705202142.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone I’ve ordered the part, I’m new to ATVs but learning pretty fast, thanks to help from the guys on this forum 👍🏽

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What is green laning?
Hi, I’m in the uk, Green laning is the act of riding unsealed public highways in cars or on motorbikes, i.e. roads without Tarmac, and is as legal as riding along any other public road, we cannot just ride off road where we please only on these byways or on paid off road cantres.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Hi, I’m in the uk, Green laning is the act of riding unsealed public highways in cars or on motorbikes, i.e. roads without Tarmac, and is as legal as riding along any other public road, we cannot just ride off road where we please only on these byways or on paid off road cantres.
Thats cool, I had no idea either thanks.

Same here, we have thousands of miles of dirt roads open to riding.
And hundreds of miles of approved off road 4x4 trails.
Just not legal to ride on pavement here.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats cool, I had no idea either thanks.

Same here, we have thousands of miles of dirt roads open to riding.
And hundreds of miles of approved off road 4x4 trails.
Just not legal to ride on pavement here.
We can only ride on certain tracks, they are few and far between and we must be road legal, insured etc to ride on these, luckily I have around 110 mile of these tracks beginning a few mile from my door step

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
All about location.
I have to go a few miles to get to the closest ohv area, an hour to the wild places and right out my back door to ride a few acres with a nice seasonal creek, flat track and a few small hillclimbs.

Have to be off highway legal here. No on highway riding in this state at all.
Insurance is optional, ohv sticker is $52 good for 2yrs and I had to get this one inspected since it came from wyoming. No big deal luckily theyre 50 state legal and the necessary emissions sticker for california registration was intact.

Reactions: Mjd5182
1 - 11 of 11 Posts