Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats the best fitting winch for a 2020 outlander 850 had the stock warn provantage 3000 after the 2nd use it broke looking for something else would prefer plug and play thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just wondering what broke? The cable/line or something else?
honestly I thought it was just the solenoid at first so I changed that then I took it apart and the winch cable it’s just tangled and really tight that it won’t spool out the warn motor looks like it’s still good it still spins Both ways when I press in and out it’s just the cable I’m having a hard time releasing

·
Registered
2021 Outlander Max 450 DPS
1,165 Posts
tangled and really tight that it won’t spool out
Have you tried to pull the cable out using another quad's winch?
Another way is to hook up to a tree and back away in reverse.
Once you get the steel cable released it would be a good time to replace it with a synthetic one.
Do you know how and why the cable got snagged?

·
Registered
2021 Outlander 850 max XT-P
730 Posts
Another way is to hook up to a tree and back away in reverse. THIS!

Once you get the steel cable released it would be a good time to replace it with a synthetic one.
Remember to check the sheaves for sharp spots if going to synthetic.

Before the first use un spool the line all the way and pull the bike up a small hill to pretension the line. Usually that tangled mess happens when one fails to do so.

·
Registered
2018 can-am outlander XT 650 (abs) with mod's
234 Posts
If you spool steel cable without tension = it will spool wrong and get stuck... I have seen lot's of client who have spool steel cable "like backside nut"... Then there is nothing else to do then cut wire and get that mess out of spool.. If spool is excelent condition I have just spool synthetic rope on spool and good luck....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts