Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed this was all bent in on my rear right tire and not sure how that even happened. Is this something I should worry about or should I be fine?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just got worried that it's ok for the boot to look like that...sort of got pushed in by something...It isn't leaking any grease so I think it should be fine.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah I tried to get it all nice and flush and pull out the indented part....didn't have much luck or grip to get...I don't want to get too crazy and then really damage it.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
As long as there is no hole, your good, when the joint warms up some, the folds should straighten out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good to know...I hope it does thanks

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
One thing you could do is to clean it real good and then apply a couple coats of rubber cement (the type u use for fixing a flat).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
One thing you could do is to clean it real good and then apply a couple coats of rubber cement (the type u use for fixing a flat).
Hmm could do that as a safety precaution...i also heard I could use plastidip to spray over a few times

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
The crinkled part is not going to last long .
Every time the shaft makes a revolution , it will stress those new folds .
Usually , if you turn the kinks into a more relaxed or "open" position , they can be carefully massaged back to their normal shape .

·
Registered
827 Posts
I've had plenty do that on me with no problems. Usually after riding around a little bit they fix themselves. Ride on!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've had plenty do that on me with no problems. Usually after riding around a little bit they fix themselves. Ride on!
Thats what Ive been hearing From the majority so I'll be hopeful and not worry too much....been so busy I havent even had the chance to take her out since I noticed it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts