Can-Am ATV Forum banner

Need help deciding on a belt

2681 Views 12 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Poseidon
2013 outlander 650 with a 840bbk what's the best belt choice I'm pretty sure my stock one is junk. I'm between the dayco xtx and the gates GForce carbon I'm a very aggressive rider with high speed trail riding as well as mud.
2013 outlander 650 with a 840bbk what's the best belt choice I'm pretty sure my stock one is junk. I'm between the dayco xtx and the gates GForce carbon I'm a very aggressive rider with high speed trail riding as well as mud.
See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2,266 Posts
If you're only going for one of the two that you mention, I would get the Gates GForce carbon... :smilietwocents:

· Registered
2,266 Posts

· Registered
464 Posts
I have heard a few bad things about the dayco belt. I also heard the maverick belt was a good choice. I have been watching this topic too as I am planning for a new team clutch and belt next summer. At this point I am leaning to the gates belt.:smilietwocents:

· Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have heard a few bad things about the dayco belt. I also heard the maverick belt was a good choice. I have been watching this topic too as I am planning for a new team clutch and belt next summer. At this point I am leaning to the gates belt.:smilietwocents:
Any chance you'd post a picture of your ride I'm considering the mega mayhem tires in that size. Also anything bad to say about them?

· Registered
4,001 Posts
Gates, Maverick, and OEM are always the top picks in most threads.

· Registered
402 Posts
Dayco is a waste of money, seen my buddy go thru 3 in a year. Personally 1 year on my original going on 2 years with a maverick. 5000km On my machine.

With hard aggressive riding you'll blow a dayco to pieces.

· Registered
78 Posts
Got the Gates G-Force Carbon on my Outlander 1000T and am totally satisfied. Got the same belt on hand when my Outlander 800XT belt needs to be replaced. Excellent performance and great bang for the buck.

· Registered
464 Posts
Any chance you'd post a picture of your ride I'm considering the mega mayhem tires in that size. Also anything bad to say about them?
I don't bs about the things I have to make them seem better, I didn't make or sell them so I am happy to inform others hot I like them. As for my mega mayhems first they are a little less then 28", work great in the slop, work great in the grass, quite smooth for a mud tire, not the best tire if you like to race your buddys, lack lateral traction on logs and wet rocks and seem to be wearing great. I would say they are right between and ol2 and a zilla as far as mud vs trail goes. If I was going to get new tires today it would be 30" zillas. I like to spin in the mud and this things just crawl through most of the mud hols we run.:smilietwocents:

Attachments

· Registered
4,001 Posts
Looks good. I went ahead and ordered a gates c12 carbon hopefully it works great. I'm between the mega mayhem and the zillas rite now can't decide
I run 28" Zillas on my Grizzly and I have a good friend that I ride with all the time that runs 28" Mega Mayhems on his Arctic Cat. Other than weight, I really haven't seen any noticeable difference in performance between the two. Either one will go thru anywhere the other does and at speed on hard pack, we both run the trails at the same pace. They both smooth out above 5mph. You will be happy with either one. Zillas are just lighter and won't rob as much power.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.