Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2012 outlander 1000. And only one set of front head lights work. The smaller front head lights doesn't work.(is this the brights)??? I checked all the small fuses under the pod. Checked the plug with a test light and they aren't getting power. Any help is appreciated.

New to canam since I sold my rzr

·
Registered
687 Posts
Most likely the headlight switch isn't making contact. I was able to repair mine once, there is a tiny little spring and detent in there that wasn't allowing the switch to make contact. Something happened again and upon disassembly that little sucker went airborne. Ended up buying a new headlight switch through Can Am Parts House.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Canam have one of the worst electrical system on a atv. Very easy to mess up with mud and water, but who rides in mud and water!? Ha

·
Registered
932 Posts
Canam have one of the worst electrical system on a atv. Very easy to mess up with mud and water, but who rides in mud and water!? Ha
I have to disagree; Polaris.

As it is, the Can Am switch is not usually a victim of water or mud, its overheating. There are several threads on this issue, and a while back, someone posted a fix complete with pics.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Agreed, sounds like headlight switch. Repaired mine once then had to replace it recently. Also agree polaris is way worse with electrical problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts