Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a used 2007 outlander 650 and when I turn key The fuel pump does not prime and the start button does not crank the bike over but makes the relay click! Took it to a Can-Am dealership near me they hook the laptop up to it and told me there’s an open circuit in the fule pump. I had crossed the starter relay and put gas in the breather and the bike turns runs for a few seconds but I have no clue what’s going on I checked all the relays and fuses there fine and yes it was in park and I tried neutral and recommendations or thoughts hoping somebody else had the same problem

·
Super Moderator
2015 Outlander XMR 650
5,358 Posts
Welcome to the site

Sounds like you've got two unrelated issues going on

The fuel pump does not prime
Can-Am dealership near me they hook the laptop up to it and told me there’s an open circuit in the fule pump
Sounds like a classic fuel pump failure, happens all the time, especially with those older rigs. Check out Quantum's fuel pump kits, can't beat 'em.

the start button does not crank the bike over but makes the relay click
I had crossed the starter relay
Sounds like another common relay failure. If the switch and circuit checks out, kinda narrows down the culprit.

Reactions: kcamer2

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you guys going to change the fule pump out soon and see what happens. But frist i’m going to change out all of the relays and fuses

·
Registered
2021 Outlander 850 max XT-P
95 Posts
Make sure the fuel pump is getting voltage when you turn the key on. If it does that will confirm the bad pump.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Make sure the fuel pump is getting voltage when you turn the key on. If it does that will confirm the bad pump.
Hey I ended up changing all the fuses and relays and they did not do anything different but I am going to check The connections at the end where it plugs into the fuel pump there are four wires on it just got to figure out which ones too test

1 - 5 of 5 Posts