Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Outlander 650 XT
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a new 2022 outlander 650 xt. Ever time I get on the gas it makes a metal to metal clunking noise. Dealer said its normal. Are they full of BS? Also looking for snow plow that fits. Any suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
2021 Outlander 850 max XT-P
259 Posts
This question comes up all the time. It's normal. IMHO -Just follow the break in procedure and everything will be fine. The clutch will make some funny sound.

If your really worried about it you will need to focus on more details. Is it really when you hit the gas or let off. Where is the sound coming from, the clutch, front did, rear diff.

Really you shouldn't worry about it just enjoy it. Mine did the same thing. I thought I broke it but over time it stopped. It took about 15 hours on the bike before it really settled down and smoothed out. Now it runs like a dream. Just take it easy and it will be fine.

My 2 cents

·
Registered
2021 Outlander Max 450 DPS
585 Posts
Yes that knocking sound is annoying but in 100 hours of riding I have gotten used to it. Sometimes it seems like more gentle throttle transitions help reduce the knock but not by much. It must be 'normal' because many of us have mentioned it here. Eventually by adapting your driving technique you can make the clunking less harsh.

·
Registered
2021 Outlander 850 max XT-P
259 Posts
Yup- just got back from a spirited ride. That clunk is very real. I really noticed it while fast riding and letting off the throttle on a hill. I always feel like I'm breaking something. Oh well...... Ride On

1 - 6 of 6 Posts