Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2010 outlander 650xt that is in limp mode with it saying park brake and the light on for the brake on the gauge. Need help in fixing the problem, what to do?:tools1:

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
If you lock the brake handle, it will timeout and put the bike in limp mode and show the brake light on the pod, this is normal as long as the brake is activated but not otherwise obviously. In the case of a false indication, look for a shorted brake sensor or a short in the cable that sends the brake state to the ECM.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found problem

Found out the brake light was out. Installed a new 1157 bulb and the park brake and limp mod flashing across gauge and the light for brake on the gauge went away. I guess that is a safety for if you lose the signal from the brake switch or light they don't want you the operate the machine at speed or with out a brake light.:aniwheeler6:

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Weird, now that you mention it I know a guy who also had that trouble on a G1 bike. BRP may call it a feature but I would call it a software bug. Surely they could have a burnt brake light message scroll across the screen instead of putting the bike into limp mode. Kinda moronic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts