Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys im heading to LOWES and get some 2" spa piping to do my rear exhaust. Water keeps getting in there. Should I go Ahead and do the intake as well? Its pretty high already and I never plan on taking it in water that high. If I wanted to do the air box where and what do I have to do now. I have a uni filter on it and plan on keeping it that way.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I noticed that if you want to pipe the exhaust to the front, it seems you have to pipe it under the shifter linkage if you want to make it to the front of the steering. I bought my 09 outlander 650 max recently, guy plumbed it with abs pipe and its under the seat above the linkage just cut off, kinda facing upwards with nowhere to go.. I am looking at ways to fix it now, I was thinking maybe a check valve but not sure if that will restrict the flow and overhead my belt!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Yes you should bring the intake right up under the pod. Here is my exhaust. It is 1 1/2" It is angled that it rides along the lip of the side panel and stays out of the way of the shift linkage.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I did the same thing but I cut the straight pipe in two and put a 22 degree angle in it so that it fallows the linkage and hides more. I had to trim the side panel but it does hide better. When doing the engine intake I took two 1x1 square pipes and welded them together to make a brace for when you clamp to the square tube from your airbox. worked great and was simple. The cvt intake I used spa piping.

·
Registered
203 Posts
No cutting . Here is a pic with the plastic on. Notice in the first pic the rubber coupler? It has a piece of pvc pipe coming from elbow so you have some flex to run the pipe along the plastic and be hidden.

·
Registered
203 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is 2"black PVC piping ok ?
No 2" won't fit unless you buy the XMR CVT exhaust. It is flat so it will get by the shift linkage.
ok great I looked at the 2" and realized it was way to big. I went with the 1.5" but Im having a issue connecting it to the cxt in and out because it measures 2.75 inches. I bought a rubber boot 2" to 1.5 and i can get it on but there is not room to put a bend its right on my gas tank?

What are yall using to hook up the exhaust.?

·
Registered
203 Posts
I will have to look after but you need a couple of twenty two and a half elbows

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well I got the boot 2" to 1.5" on and the 90 degree to go under the center frame and there is just no room to go up or angle.. at this point I'm giving up. I saw some pics from the highlifter forum but it almost looks like they used 1" piping. I feel that can be too small in diameter. I dont want to cause problems down the road.

here is the LINK

http://forum.highlifter.com/tm.aspx?m=2905810

·
Registered
257 Posts
I have a gade but I used 2" rad hose to go up past the shift linkage. Full 2" for everything

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts