1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gear Bicycle part Wood Automotive tire Rim
Wood Font Bicycle part Metal Auto part
Wheel Automotive tire Locking hubs Vehicle brake Rim

Hi everyone, recently I got a John Deere Trail Buck 650 ext. To my understanding this was a joint venture between BRP and Deere but basically it’s the same atv as the BRP quest 650. I absolutely love the machine. It has a fully hydraulic plow on it, was stored indoors and only has roughly 900 miles on it. I am needing to source out a primary and secondary clutch for it and was hoping someone on here might have some more info into what models might use the same clutch or what clutch would work. The primary is shot and the secondary has some nasty scaring/pitting. Previously I’ve only had Hondas so I’m a little green when it comes to these clutches. Any advice on where to find parts would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

·
Regular Joe
2014 Maverick 1000r
6,928 Posts
Welcome to the site, Trevor.

For whatever it's worth, the clutches on these things are almost infinitely rebuildable. So it looks like one of your weighted levers failed at the pivot base, and the secondary chewed on it a little. Not "the end of the world", if push comes to shove. I don't see many of those being parted out, but eBay is as safe a place to check as any.

I don't know that machine intimately, but it stands to reason an outlander 650's clutches should be as close to yours as necessary. If nothing else, you could simply replace that failed lever arm and reassemble it all, to keep the machine functional. Yeah, the secondary probably isn't going to do the belt any favors, but at least you'll be back to plowing

·
Regular Joe
2014 Maverick 1000r
6,928 Posts
What year model is it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.