Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:th_wtf:Just bought and installed new muzzy digi tuner and exhaust from vforcejohn. All was good till I buried my bike in very thick peanut butter mud tried driving it out WOT had to be winched out. About 200yrds down the trail hear loud bang from engine. Engine idled ruff like it was on one cylinder. I had no codes or check engine lights or limp mode. Bike would not start again. Washed bike clean removed digi tuner still wouldn’t start pulled off exhaust put on stalk exhaust. Got bike ready to take in under warranty then tried starting it needed a little throttle and it started up now bike runs and drives and starts fine just like it did new. Do you guys think my digi tuner could have done this? Tuner was checked for the right settings and all wire connections were checked as well.Sorry for the long post bike is a 2014 800r outlander xt-p with less then 200 miles

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update

:sad:Just an update: I put the tuner and pipe back on. Checked all settings on tuner good to go. Went for a ride noticed I was losing power so on the way back to the garage noticed all the black smoke and could smell the gas. So the damn tuner is putting in way to much gas.

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts
Sucks dude. Get a hold of John if there is any way he can help he will.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Give John a call. He will take care of you!!!!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got a hold of john he was a great help. He got me in touch with dobeck they said they would fix it for free. They also said they had a few bad boards in some of the tuners.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts