Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Live in a small town in northern Maine...had my bike out this morning checking shift out, so I was doing WOT up and down dirt road...twice up and back. No more than got off bike and law enforcement is driving by looking in my yard, coindenance, I think not.......shift out is low btw only getting 6600-6700 rpm!

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Let me guess it has a Loud exhaust on it too.

That stuff pissed off the majority of non atv people. I never understand why so many people with no place to ride own ATV's. Nothing personal, but it is what it is.
I feel bad running my 1,000 with Muzzy wide open on my own land because I know it pisses off someone thats not an ATV person.

·
Registered
664 Posts
hah i doubt it was coincidence. I unfortunatly used to live accross from the police chief of the next town over. I had the cops pull me over on a lawn mower that had a slow vehicle triangle on it.....

Sometimes they are just bored too lol.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Went to the DMV and got a golf cart permit for my maverick. They didn't question what kind of golf cart a 2014 BRP was lol. Proceeded to take it to the grocery store to grab a 12 pack. You would have thought it was on fire and shooting flames the way folks were looking at me when I parked it. My cop buddies told me real quick to not do that again or they would have to ticket me. My question was why? This thing with a custom cage, 5 points and doors is way safer than a plastic golf cart. Oh well, it was fun for the moment.

·
Registered
87 Posts
The thing that I love is a lot of people around me, that complain about the noise from ATVs ride cruisers or know people that do and they are way louder.......but that's normal sound for a bike so it doesn't matter.

Reactions: DaveB and Pinko

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Let me guess it has a Loud exhaust on it too.

That stuff pissed off the majority of non atv people. I never understand why so many people with no place to ride own ATV's. Nothing personal, but it is what it is.
I feel bad running my 1,000 with Muzzy wide open on my own land because I know it pisses off someone thats not an ATV person.

Stock exhaust, cause Maine has stupid atv exhaust laws, just like the snorkel laws!

·
Registered
589 Posts
we have some new people that built a house on our road in what was for my whole like a field. I used to go down the road to check issues. They would call the cops every time. So, i I built a track in my field across the street for the TT quauds and bikes :D
I don't know why, but they never wave when I drive by?

·
Registered
87 Posts

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Went to the DMV and got a golf cart permit for my maverick. They didn't question what kind of golf cart a 2014 BRP was lol. Proceeded to take it to the grocery store to grab a 12 pack. You would have thought it was on fire and shooting flames the way folks were looking at me when I parked it. My cop buddies told me real quick to not do that again or they would have to ticket me. My question was why? This thing with a custom cage, 5 points and doors is way safer than a plastic golf cart. Oh well, it was fun for the moment.
SxS are legal on the streets where i live, provided you have seat belts on, liscensed etc. people drive them all the time, summer and winter.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i found out how to prevent it stay off the road its illegal i never touch the road only to cross which is legal in pa. no problems then
Illegal? It's an atv on a dead end dirt road, which is an "access road" when trails are open, not a mobile meth lab!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Not to resurrect a months old thread but people can be such scumbags. On both sides, for the non atv people, instead of being douchebags and calling the cops for what amounts to nonsense, how about trying to talk to the guy on the ATV instead? Might be able to come to some sort of understanding without having to get the law involved.

For us ATVers, sometimes a bit of courtesy goes a long long way. Respect is a two way street. I'm lucky that I live on a culdesac where the houses are pretty far away from each other and the neighbors are pretty cool and everyone just minds their own business.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Sound Carries

Live in a small town in northern Maine...had my bike out this morning checking shift out, so I was doing WOT up and down dirt road...twice up and back. No more than got off bike and law enforcement is driving by looking in my yard, coincidence, I think not.......shift out is low btw only getting 6600-6700 rpm!

Sound carries..in a small town, you might expect Johnny LAW to come looking when he hears 'something' and WOT on a dirt road is likely to be over the County Speed limit..here's Johnny!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Live in a small town in northern Maine...had my bike out this morning checking shift out, so I was doing WOT up and down dirt road...twice up and back. No more than got off bike and law enforcement is driving by looking in my yard, coindenance, I think not.......shift out is low btw only getting 6600-6700 rpm!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts