Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Outlander XMR 850
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering buying Neutrino 1’s and tail lights and am wondering…do both tail lights lights work as brake lights or is it just the big one like stock and 2nd is a reflector? Or does it replace the reflector with an actual brake 2nd brake light instead? Can’t seem to find any videos showing this.

I had no plans to buy Neutrinos but I want halos and I’ve got Far Mudding Chasing Halos and now I want LED lights so Ill be into those two for $450 CAD and now I’m thinking I might as well spend $1000 on the significantly better lights and get tail lights to boot.

Also….Neutrino 1 vs 2 is there a massive improvement between the two? I think I prefer the look of the 1’s because they’re symmetrical instead of having a 2 projectors and 2 reflector housings on the Neutrino 2’s. Little cheaper too. If the 2’s were both projectors I’d probably prefer the look better. What are your guys thoughts?

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle Alloy wheel

Automotive lighting Hood Green Motor vehicle Steering wheel

·
Registered
2021 Outlander 850 max XT-P
604 Posts
Honestly - I have neutrinos caught them on sale. I used to trail tech or Daystar type output. These are not really that much brighter than stock with good lamps installed. If your getting them for the halos that's cool but if your expecting them to light up the back yard you will be disappointed. The first indicator was the new version are labeled road use, not an off-road HO light which is what I was after.

The halos are well made and interchangeable with other colors easily. The lights are a solid quality and there is no doubt they will stand the test of time.

Just wish they were brighter. Don't be fooled by their intro video of them riding at night and lighting everything up.....nodda.. .. and the fireworks don't come in the box either

·
Registered
2022 Outlander XMR 850
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really? Honestly that’s a big reason I wanted them. The videos I’ve seen make them look muuuuuuch brighter than stock. Maybe Ill just stick with Plan A and get rear Far Mudding halos to go with the fronts and some Beamtech LED’s. Can’t believe bikes this expensive still come with ugly yellow halogens. Well you just saved me $500 bucks I guess.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Outlander Max XT 650
1,673 Posts
Really? Honestly that’s a big reason I wanted them. The videos I’ve seen make them look muuuuuuch brighter than stock. Maybe Ill just stick with Plan A and get rear Far Mudding halos to go with the fronts and some Beamtech LED’s. Can’t believe bikes this expensive still come with ugly yellow halogens. Well you just saved me $500 bucks I guess.
Beamtech High/Low Beam LED Headlights Install

This is the far more economical and much better bang for the buck solution many forum members and Facebook riders go with.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Ever since I installed the beamtechs I get what appears like condensation/streaks on my bulbs after riding.. it clears afterwards. I even tried adding some grease around the o-ring to seal it better but didn’t help.

Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
2022 Outlander XMR 850
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ever since I installed the beamtechs I get what appears like condensation/streaks on my bulbs after riding.. it clears afterwards. I even tried adding some grease around the o-ring to seal it better but didn’t help.

Anyone else have this issue?
I‘ve heard of people taking apart the bulbs and di-greasing 2 points of entry for water to avoid this. I watched a video on it not too long ago.

These aren’t the exact bulbs I bought I got the V4’s but I’m sure it applies to most. Basically just take apart the bulbs in anyways you can and seal them and put them back together, then seal the exterior of the headlight where they insert.

·
Registered
2021 Outlander 850 max XT-P
604 Posts
When it stops raining here I'll post a few pictures of the lights.

In my honest opinion... Beamtechs are a better option and just as bright if not a bit brighter. Hopefully you will have the opportunity to see this new series in person to back up this opinion.

I was quite shocked.

I believe they are geared toward the on-road riders. In that case I understand but it should be stated as such on the website.

Cheers,

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have the Neutrino's on mine and love them....andYes they do light up the backyard. Also love when they are off....they glow nicely!!

·
Registered
244 Posts
I‘ve heard of people taking apart the bulbs and di-greasing 2 points of entry for water to avoid this. I watched a video on it not too long ago.

These aren’t the exact bulbs I bought I got the V4’s but I’m sure it applies to most. Basically just take apart the bulbs in anyways you can and seal them and put them back together, then seal the exterior of the headlight where they insert.
That’s the ones I got. What’s he putting there just di-electric grease?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts