Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After some deliberating between the Sportsman 570 and the Outlander 570 (without powersteering), I decided to buy the Outlander (polaris upped the price on the base model 570) My wife bought a Rancher, which I was entertaining for reliability, but I really wanted some form of a 570.

After looking in here for a while, I noticed issues with heat, and numerous "fixes", I don't want to go overly crazy and do every single fix on this page, so for those who have these, what is the FIRST thing I should do? Eventually I will do a rad relocate, but I don't think Ill get to it this summer, I don't go mudding anyways, just normal trail riding on "groomed trails"

Are the coolant bleeding procedures after doing the rad relocate in the manual? ( I have yet to pick up the quad)

Any other issues, or things to look for on this quad?

Another question: when did you all do you first oil change? And did you change all the fluids? What Oil did you use?

Registered
Oxford blue 2022 Outlander 850 XT
After some deliberating between the Sportsman 570 and the Outlander 570 (without powersteering), I decided to buy the Outlander (polaris upped the price on the base model 570) My wife bought a Rancher, which I was entertaining for reliability, but I really wanted some form of a 570.

After looking in here for a while, I noticed issues with heat, and numerous "fixes", I don't want to go overly crazy and do every single fix on this page, so for those who have these, what is the FIRST thing I should do? Eventually I will do a rad relocate, but I don't think Ill get to it this summer, I don't go mudding anyways, just normal trail riding on "groomed trails"

Are the coolant bleeding procedures after doing the rad relocate in the manual? ( I have yet to pick up the quad)

Any other issues, or things to look for on this quad? I am hoping my decision to NOT buy a honda or polaris for that matter will not give me buyers remorse.
IMO if you only do normal trail ridding ( no mudding) I think that a rad relocate isn't necessary and won't make a "big" difference. The 570 is a good machine and reliable. Just give a good rince with your hose on your rad once in a while when you wash your ride because there will be dust eventually !
I also had worries after joining this forum and reading some posts and comments from "other people" about Can Am when I bought my first 2016 Outlander 850 Max XT.
I sold it with 9000km and zero issues.

Every manufacturer has "issues".

Don't worry you have a great unit, Can Am is a solid machine.
Drive more, worry less and enjoy it 馃槑

Registered
2022 Outlander Max XT T
You say you "noticed issues with heat". Please elaborate, what problems have you experienced?
I have a very similar machine, (2022 Outlander 570 Max XT), and while it does feel very warm between the knees, the temperature gauge shows a normal reading, and everything works fine.
This is a brand new machine, it should be running absolutely fine. People in this forum seem to modify their vehicles heavily from day one, but in my opinion, if a new vehicle has issues within the warranty period, it's the dealer's job to fix it at no cost, the warranty is part of the deal when buying a new machine. We'll have plenty of time to McGuiver our repairs when they start costing money.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You say you "noticed issues with heat". Please elaborate, what problems have you experienced?
I have a very similar machine, (2022 Outlander 570 Max XT), and while it does feel very warm between the knees, the temperature gauge shows a normal reading, and everything works fine.
This is a brand new machine, it should be running absolutely fine. People in this forum seem to modify their vehicles heavily from day one, but in my opinion, if a new vehicle has issues within the warranty period, it's the dealer's job to fix it at no cost, the warranty is part of the deal when buying a new machine. We'll have plenty of time to McGuiver our repairs when they start costing money.

I said I noticed in here, not that I have actually noticed, I haven't picked it up yet.

I'm just taking precautions if I need too.

Regular Joe
2014 Maverick 1000r
Welcome to the site.

There were many more reports of excessive heat, back in the mid-20-teens bikes, than in recent years. Prevailing consensus seems to be that BRP was way behind the curve in complying to the EPA regulations of that era, and they wrote their bike's fuel maps really really lean in a knee jerk approach to trying to avoid fines. That was a crash course learning curve, if you will, and the issue seems to be all but gone, in their more recent offerings. Your new bike likely won't give you any reason to need to address any excessive heat issues. But if it does, simply wrapping the exhaust and/or applying heat reflective tape along certain panels, is the approach I'd take, before thinking about rad relocates (not really addressing the issue you're thinking of, imo) or looking into tuners.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the site.

There were many more reports of excessive heat, back in the mid-20-teens bikes, than in recent years. Prevailing consensus seems to be that BRP was way behind the curve in complying to the EPA regulations of that era, and they wrote their bike's fuel maps really really lean in a knee jerk approach to trying to avoid fines. That was a crash course learning curve, if you will, and the issue seems to be all but gone, in their more recent offerings. Your new bike likely won't give you any reason to need to address any excessive heat issues. But if it does, simply wrapping the exhaust and/or applying heat reflective tape along certain panels, is the approach I'd take, before thinking about rad relocates (not really addressing the issue you're thinking of, imo) or looking into tuners.
That is good news, I was a little nervous seeing some stories after dropping this much cash on a new ATV.

The last Can Am I had was when I was young, A DS 250 (year before the went to the can am name) That thing was nothing but problems.

And actually the issue was more along overheating than my leg getting warm.

Registered
2021 Outlander Max 450 DPS
And actually the issue was more along overheating than my leg getting warm.
It is fair to expect some heat on your legs at some point. The rad fan going on and off is not considered overheating. This happens regularly on my rides. When the fan goes on automatically it does not take long for it to cool things back down. However by the time the fan kicks in it is usually quite warm in the cockpit!
Installing a manual fan switch is the first measure I suggest for controlling a hot engine and/or a hot leg. It has been the most effective of all the measures I have tried. When things get too warm for you, relief is just a flick of a switch away.
On cool or cold days that heat can be your friend. So having this extra fan cooling 'on call' is an advantage over other heat reduction measures.

Registered
Oxford blue 2022 Outlander 850 XT
Mine is ready to be connected. All wires are there. I'm just waiting for the warranty to be expired before splicing the fan wires.
My last ride was end of March at -17C. I'm leaving soon for a little ride this time at 32C before a big ride in 3 weeks (500-600km).馃槑

Hood Automotive design Automotive lighting Vehicle Motor vehicle

Registered
I have a 2021 570 and have had zero heat issues. I would not even bother with the rad relocate. There is no need for it with normal trail riding. I would spend all your upgrade budget on better shocks. The 570 stock shocks are horrible. I upgraded to Elka stage 3 and it鈥檚 like I鈥檓 riding a completely different machine.

Registered
Just went out for the first time today on a new to us a 2021 570 XMR and a 2021 570 base. Being in Fl we wore shorts. The engine area gets very warm to the point we have to address it during the summers here. My wife may wear long pants next time out. For some reason the XMR ( my bike) runs cooler, maybe because of the rad relocate? Other than the heat issue both quads ran great!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mine is ready to be connected. All wires are there. I'm just waiting for the warranty to be expired before splicing the fan wires.
My last ride was end of March at -17C. I'm leaving soon for a little ride this time at 32C before a big ride in 3 weeks (500-600km).馃槑

View attachment 107191
That looks really good where did you get the toggle switches?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts