Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to rebuild my front diff on my 08 outlander. I bought a bearing and seal kit from quadboss. I also made a tool to get my spanner nut off but i need some help ive never rebuild a diff befor and would like to know how hard it is and what are some good tips and tricks that might make it easier and can some one tell me if the spanner nut has to be to torqued in and if so how much.

·
Registered
951 Posts
I'm getting ready to rebuild my front diff on my 08 outlander. I bought a bearing and seal kit from quadboss. I also made a tool to get my spanner nut off but i need some help ive never rebuild a diff befor and would like to know how hard it is and what are some good tips and tricks that might make it easier and can some one tell me if the spanner nut has to be to torqued in and if so how much.
dealer told me 140lbs. mine came loose and they had to tighten with impact wrench

·
Registered
22 Posts
I used a 4 ft pipe extension to remove my right side hub axle nut. it was not easy. I used a wire brush to clean it as much as I could then sprayed pb blaster on it and left it for 3 days. finally got it off.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Only way I have got em off is a electric impact.. my air would not budge them

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts