Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been toying with cam profiles and have finally decided on a couple we want to make. Sooooo.... new cams will be available in the next few weeks. Profiles for trails, performance, and an ungodly race cam thats gonna definitely require valve springs. Shoot us a message, give us a call, or check us out on facebook.
www.griffinperformance.net

·
Registered
120 Posts
Are mods required to the heads for the performance cam on a 1000? Also, what rpm will the drop-in and the performance bring the max hp? I'm getting the Monster Power Tuner (Fuel Monster with timing control), bored TB and a Muzzy full exhaust. Looking for the best options on cams. Id like the most power I can get without modifying the heads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk so please excuse my fat finger syndrome.

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[
What's the gains with these cams on a 940bbk with Mav heads?
I'm not really sure how to answer that. We have cams for the maverick and 1000 platforms and they give big gains but as for running a 940 with mav heads we haven't done that here (not yet)... we've had customers that have done it.

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are mods required to the heads for the performance cam on a 1000? Also, what rpm will the drop-in and the performance bring the max hp? I'm getting the Monster Power Tuner (Fuel Monster with timing control), bored TB and a Muzzy full exhaust. Looking for the best options on cams. Id like the most power I can get without modifying the heads.
No head mods required on either

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I'm interested in getting some cams for my 1000,just not sure when I would have time to install them.. Wished I could find a mechanic close that I could trust to install them right..

BLinindoll,I may go with the setup you have,pm me some more details on the mods you done...

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
[

I'm not really sure how to answer that. We have cams for the maverick and 1000 platforms and they give big gains but as for running a 940 with mav heads we haven't done that here (not yet)... we've had customers that have done it.

Okay I was looking for a cam for the shorter stroke engine with the Mav heads, 1000 cams aren't what I'm looking for, was hoping when you said you had cams for what I was looking for you actually did but guess not lol

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
[

Okay I was looking for a cam for the shorter stroke engine with the Mav heads, 1000 cams aren't what I'm looking for, was hoping when you said you had cams for what I was looking for you actually did but guess not lol
We have set for 940's with mavs now

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I'm sure they won't work as a lot of cams I have tried all had clearance issues with valve to piston

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts