Can-Am ATV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts
What's the concept? Reflash your ECU to what? A premapped tune? Will there be tunes for each set up someone could have? Pipe, air filter? 1020 kit with pipe? Slip on and different types?

·
Vendor
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
It's just That simple. You reflash it to Whatever you want. You set the tune, Dyno in the tune, You can tune it with the software, load it to the tuner, flash it to your bike...OR just leave the tuner connected to your bike and you can make most adjustments right from the box on the LCD screen.

Just like any other flash tuner for cars and trucks but they are open for you to tune.

adjust fuel, timing, spark, whatever.

I'm sure I would come up with a few tunes I could preload to it. Like I do now with the MSD charge FI's for the Kawasaki's.

These are NOT like a diesel tuner, where you can increase fuel pressure and boost pressure and gain hundreds of horsepower. Doesn't work like that.

John

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts
It's just That simple. You reflash it to Whatever you want. You set the tune, Dyno in the tune, You can tune it with the software, load it to the tuner, flash it to your bike...OR just leave the tuner connected to your bike and you can make most adjustments right from the box on the LCD screen.

Just like any other flash tuner for cars and trucks but they are open for you to tune.

I'm sure I would come up with a few tunes I could preload to it. Like I do now with the MSD charge FI's for the Kawasaki's.

These are NOT like a diesel tuner, where you can increase fuel pressure and boost pressure and gain hundreds of horsepower. Doesn't work like that.

John
No exhaust bungs needed? OR O2 sensors?

·
Vendor
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

John

For sure. If you have them all the better.

Just like a PCV doesn't need 02 bungs to tune in a machine but they can stil run effectively with or without 02 bungs.

I'm sure there'll be add on autotune setups.

Look up what a Dynojet Power Vision is. This is a very similar device but for offroad use made by a different company. They are trying to beat Dynojet to the offroad marketplace with personal hand held flash tuning devices, and eventually trying to do it all from Cellphone apps using android platforms.

reason being who wants to hardwire anything? plug it in and remove it and go ride.

no wet tuners, no wires to hide, nothing to get damaged when on the trail.

I'm sworn to secrecy until these are released.

John

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts

John

For sure. If you have them all the better.

Just like a PCV doesn't need 02 bungs to tune in a machine but they can stil run effectively with or without 02 bungs.

I'm sure there'll be add on autotune setups.

Look up what a Dynojet Power Vision is. This is a very similar device but for offroad use made by a different company. They are trying to beat Dynojet to the offroad marketplace with personal hand held flash tuning devices, and eventually trying to do it all from Cellphone apps using android platforms.

reason being who wants to hardwire anything? plug it in and remove it and go ride.

no wet tuners, no wires to hide, nothing to get damaged when on the trail.

I'm sworn to secrecy until these are released.

John
All cool. I think the biggest restriction to "tuners" in general is the extras needed. Bungs installed, sensors to read results, etc etc. I know a lot of folks are always interested in more performance but around a lot of places they don't want to do it themselves OR pay 90 bucks an hour to get it done, something simple would benefit a lot of riders.

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
Horsepower

Ok not hundreds how about 10,15,20???Dial me to max power Vforce!

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Now is when I'm even more happy that i bought the FULL Muzzy, as the Bungs are already welded in it from the factory! :)

·
Registered
632 Posts
Count me in where do I sign:yahoo::th_smiliethumbsup:

·
Registered
848 Posts
what's the advantage over a tune monster? tune monster does it all....
TM is still an add on ECM. Still a box you gotta wire in and water proof.

This will plug in and reprogram your stock tune and allow you access to the ECM hopefully... I guess we'll see.

Here is hoping that it is as great as VFJ makes it sound.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
I may have to wait a few months for my exhaust and tuner now. Thats ok tho, I still need to figure out which way I want to go. Slip on vs full Muzzy. I'm new to after market exhaust on ATV's. Not sure which is the better way to go.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
I may have to wait a few months for my exhaust and tuner now. Thats ok tho, I still need to figure out which way I want to go. Slip on vs full Muzzy. I'm new to after market exhaust on ATV's. Not sure which is the better way to go.
The full Muzzy has the O2 bungs welded in it, so get the full Muzzy. Otherwise you will need to rip your stock headers off and pay someone to weld bungs into them.

The main thing that scarred me about the tune monster was all the wiring and programming. I'm sure its not as hard as it looks, but I don't want to be wrenching, I want to be riding. :clapsmilie:

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
will the flash device leave a "fingerprint" that the dealer can pick up? will we be able to reset that damn "required maintanace" message? adjust the speedo for different size tires?

·
Registered
995 Posts
If it tells 0-60 times it should be able to tell the difference pre and post mods and help with clutch tuning aswell, if its just a plug and play unit it will be awesome, I would like to do a handful of stock runs and then reflash and see the difference, alot of mods you can tell the difference from seat of the pants but it will be nice to see some hard numbers and true gains....Trying not to get my hopes up but really hoping this unit works out

·
Registered
378 Posts
So from the sounds of it, this is a tool to reflash the ECU and could reflash multiple machines since it's not left on the machine after tuning or reflash?

·
Vendor
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
So from the sounds of it, this is a tool to reflash the ECU and could reflash multiple machines since it's not left on the machine after tuning or reflash?

it locks to the Vin #

all flash tuners are way ahead of that!!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts

it locks to the Vin #

all flash tuners are way ahead of that!!
I hope it gives you the option to return stock flash so you can move it to another machine if you decide to sell it.

That's the way my Superchip works on my truck.

21 - 40 of 71 Posts