Can-Am ATV Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Vendor
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
CHIPTUNING: Piasini Engineering

They are out of Italy. They do the Teryx ecu reflashing that Muzzy offers (done by chris at benchmark using the piasini)

There's also these other scenarios. like the Dius 2.0 and the V-tech.se but I don't think it can do the 12+ 1000 atv ecu's?

There's also a local guy to me. Guhl motorsports. He uses a racepack ecu reflash setup for the crotch rocket motors. HE can do the can am ecu's as well. but not the 1000cc atv's.

problem is. every ecu you flash, they want you to pay 300.00 to them just to get the ecu "program key" to them just for making the software. But there are ways around this with the vin# hack method and counterfit software which plagues piasini.

John

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
I can reflash the Commanders, Mavericks, Can Am Atv's (G2 only), I have pre made tunes that leave the engine tune stock, but raise rev limit, & remove limiters. I can change anything in the ecu, but there's really no need, as you can tune fuel (and sometimes timing) with a Powercommander, Fuel Monster, or other tuner.

·
Vendor
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #64 (Edited)
How about this issue? Don Guhl does this tuning for AJ at Hollingers. He won't do the reflashes for me because of this issue... Here's what he tells me.

Hollinger'sSportsNTurf

• Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 53 posts
  • Your Ride:2012 Gade 1000
As of right now we have everything done. except we have had issues on our test machines. When you hook the unit up to buds computer system it will immediately flash it back to stock ecu. We were not expecting this and its our last test we do before we release something so as soon as our programmers figure out the problem this will be available as for a time frame its tough to say right now because we are not sure what is causing this issue.

I personally have no interest in reflashing . I have enough issues with sending guys PC5, MSD, tune monster mapping. So I'll send guys your way for this.

Only way I'd do ECU reflashing is with a customer hand held flasher that any customer can flash their machine themselves. Like a SCT/Diablo tuner for a car. Even then, emailing tunes and reading datalogs off an Xcal is a pain in the ass. I deal with this as well on the Mustang gt500's I mess with, the damn mass air meters are so finicky everyone always wants tune revisions just to try different things. so I quit doing it.

John

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
What about it? Those are their problems, not mine.
After my reflash, the dealer can't tell if it's been done or not, even with BUDS, unless he rides it & realizes there are different operating parameters.
Just send them to me, I can reflash them for you, no problem.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Sounds Great ! Now if we could just get john to sell LTE ....

·
Registered
666 Posts
Hopefully something comes of this! I cant see spending $500 for a simple reflash that takes minutes...

61 - 71 of 71 Posts
About this Discussion
70 Replies
39 Participants
NuttyJeeps
Can-Am ATV Forum
Can-Am Forum features the most comprehensive collection of Can-Am ATV information! Renegade, Outlander & MX, DS450 and more!
Full Forum Listing