Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
2017 can-am commander
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one know where to find manuals to download for a 2017 commander 1000? Got to get it fixed for a memorial Saturday馃槵

Registered
Bomb has links to manuals .
Anything we can help with ?
Some pretty good minds here .
Welcome .
-Bonz

Registered
2017 can-am commander
Discussion Starter #3
Bomb has links to manuals .
Anything we can help with ?
Some pretty good minds here .
Welcome .
-Bonz
Thank you i will check and see what i fond there! i dont know anything about working on side by sides but i will learn quickly! So yeah you guys might be able to help.... I am having issues with what appears to be maybe issues with the gear box. I believe thats where the squil is coming from. If not there then possible drive shaft.

Registered
2017 can-am commander
Discussion Starter #6
It kinda sounds like a break that is trying to seize up and that is catching every now and then. its not the breaks. That is just the best way to explain it.

Registered
2017 can-am commander
Discussion Starter #8
Yes doing that first thing this morning. It could also be the cv shaft idk guess i will find out later.

Registered
files.brptuning.ru - /Bombardier/Manuals/ATV/

Unfortunately, I don't see the "newest" commander listed there, for a free service manual, but as Bonz said, if it's squealing like a stuck pig, get it up in the air and chase it down.

I'd be surprised if it's gearbox related, tbh. Check wheel bearings, front carrier bearing, etc. anything involving rotating metal.

When you say you "checked the belt", did you service the one-way bearing?

Registered
The rear diff has been know to squeal, may want to check the diff fluid for water contamination or just change it if its been more than 800 miles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts