Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 Outlander Max XT 650
1,762 Posts
Welcome to the forum and that's a nice machine you have there! Congrats.
How many miles and hours on it so far? Any problems with it? Dealership maintained or self maintained?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum and that's a nice machine you have there! Congrats.
How many miles and hours on it so far? Any problems with it? Dealership maintained or self maintained?
Thank you! I have really enjoyed it so far. I use both winches regularly, possibly one of the best upgrades i've ever done to an ATV.

439 Miles and for hours it says 46.5 but that can't be right.

Unfortunately, yes I am having my first issue, I believe electrical. I've posted about it here:

Self maintained.

·
Registered
2017 Can-Am Outlander 570 Pro
354 Posts
Welcome to the Dark side ! that is a beast of a machine you got !

·
Registered
2021 Outlander 1000r XMR Neo Yellow/Black
1,223 Posts
I have the same ATV. The only problem I had was the starter acted up and was replaced by BRP at my Dealer. Never have they seen a starter go that fast. I would have to run out to my trailer to get miles and hours, just a bit less then you. I'm going for a good ride tomorrow and she lock and loaded. With a electric problems like that, I would want the my dealer to have a look. All though I had one electric problem I fix, I had a nest of something built near my accessory plug and they chewed the wire some and blew the fuse. Was able to patch wire up and replace fuse, now I keep peppermint oil handy and put drops around ATV. It keeps mice and rodents away and smells good.
Wheel Tire Plant Automotive tire Vehicle

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the same ATV. The only problem I had was the starter acted up and was replaced by BRP at my Dealer. Never have they seen a starter go that fast. I would have to run out to my trailer to get miles and hours, just a bit less then you. I'm going for a good ride tomorrow and she lock and loaded. With a electric problems like that, I would want the my dealer to have a look. All though I had one electric problem I fix, I had a nest of something built near my accessory plug and they chewed the wire some and blew the fuse. Was able to patch wire up and replace fuse, now I keep peppermint oil handy and put drops around ATV. It keeps mice and rodents away and smells good. View attachment 107570
Interesting about the oil, i've heard that. kinda surprised i don't have similar issues we have tons of creatures around here like that.

Yeah, I wanna get it looked at. But its /just/ out of warranty and the closest place is about an hour away and right now I've got no available trailer.

Any issues with your front winch? use it often? I use both mine frequently and the front one with a metal cable ate itself after a few months. The feeding of cable back into it is terrible, IMO.

·
Registered
2017 Can-Am Outlander 570 Pro
354 Posts
Interesting about the oil, i've heard that. kinda surprised i don't have similar issues we have tons of creatures around here like that.

Yeah, I wanna get it looked at. But its /just/ out of warranty and the closest place is about an hour away and right now I've got no available trailer.

Any issues with your front winch? use it often? I use both mine frequently and the front one with a metal cable ate itself after a few months. The feeding of cable back into it is terrible, IMO.
A synthetic winch rope is a must have. It does not eat itself and it’s really easy to spool out by hand. I just order them from ebay 15-30$ and they last. Only the plow mount is rubbing through it.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Outlander 1000r XMR Neo Yellow/Black
1,223 Posts

Plowed all last winter with no problem. As for warranty, my 2014 1000 XT got me way more then I was looking for. So with the extra cash I bought a warranty good till 2023.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Outlander Max XT 650
1,762 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts