Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
4,097 Posts
Welcome aboard! That's a good looking machine right there

·
Registered
2016 Can-Am Outlander Max XT 650
525 Posts
New to the forum, been riding ATV’s for 30+years now just bought a 2021 1000R XMR Neo yellow
Congratulations and welcome to the forums! Nice looking machine indeed.
Can you tell us more about the previous ATVs you owned and how you would compare them to this beast?

Reactions: Hunter420

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congratulations and welcome to the forums! Nice looking machine indeed.
Can you tell us more about the previous ATVs you owned and how you would compare them to this beast?
Well I started on an early 80’s 185s Honda three wheeler then from there I acquired a 92’ 160 Suzuki quad sport after that I upgraded to a 04 300 arctic Cat 4x4 my first 4 wheel drive then after that machine I bought my first new Can Am in 2008 a 500 xt loved that machine next I bought a 2013 800 Polaris Ranger XP it was nice being able to have passengers ride with in comfort but the machine wasn’t as easy to get around in the places I like to go and I didn’t like toting a trailer around and so I went back to an ATV and decided on going with the 1000 xmr because of its 2up capability’s and was already equipped with more aggressive off-road features that I would have bought on the more standard models, I haven’t rode this new machine much but what time I do have on it I really like it so far.

·
Registered
2016 Can-Am Outlander Max XT 650
525 Posts
Well I started on an early 80’s 185s Honda three wheeler then from there I acquired a 92’ 160 Suzuki quad sport after that I upgraded to a 04 300 arctic Cat 4x4 my first 4 wheel drive then after that machine I bought my first new Can Am in 2008 a 500 xt loved that machine next I bought a 2013 800 Polaris Ranger XP it was nice being able to have passengers ride with in comfort but the machine wasn’t as easy to get around in the places I like to go and I didn’t like toting a trailer around and so I went back to an ATV and decided on going with the 1000 xmr because of its 2up capability’s and was already equipped with more aggressive off-road features that I would have bought on the more standard models, I haven’t rode this new machine much but what time I do have on it I really like it so far.
That's one hell of a journey! It's great that you were able to see the can-am evolution from the 08 500 XT to your current 1000 XMR. I also find it interesting when riders go from one brand to another. Lots of comparisons and reviews to be made. I'm not sure if you do your own maintenance but how did the maintenance and reliability of Polaris compare to the can-am machines you owned?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's one hell of a journey! It's great that you were able to see the can-am evolution from the 08 500 XT to your current 1000 XMR. I also find it interesting when riders go from one brand to another. Lots of comparisons and reviews to be made. I'm not sure if you do your own maintenance but how did the maintenance and reliability of Polaris compare to the can-am machines you owned?
Only thing I’ve ever had to do on all of them was change oil except for the Suzuki I had to put a carb kit in it a couple times and a starter but the Polaris wasn’t bad but filling the oil was kinda lame had to do it through the dip stick tube,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts