Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Riding Jericho and Milan and "Ride the Wilds" may 23-25 if anyone is around. NH state trails open may 23rd.

·
Registered
922 Posts
The last I read they may be delayed in some areas because of the late spring and flooding. You may want to call and double check before you go. I would love to try those trails sometime heard they are nice. I mostly ride up north in Strattford Colbrock area great trail systems

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The last I read they may be delayed in some areas because of the late spring and flooding. You may want to call and double check before you go. I would love to try those trails sometime heard they are nice. I mostly ride up north in Strattford Colbrock area great trail systems
We really don't like Stratford much, could drive my truck through the majority of those trails. There won't be any delays opening the trails.

·
Registered
922 Posts
we usually lodge in Colbrook and drive up to Errol and Pittsburg and we do a day in North Stratford its nice riding havent been down state yet but hope to

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
we usually lodge in Colbrook and drive up to Errol and Pittsburg and we do a day in North Stratford its nice riding havent been down state yet but hope to
For being an "atv park" Jericho is a good time. This year we are going to ride outside the park for the most part.

·
Registered
922 Posts
sweet I hope to get there this year its a pretty good drive for me. Is there any trails around you. My son lives in Derry and my sister is in Farmington so a weekend get away to ride is never out of the question seeing how I have a free place to stay in that area

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sweet I hope to get there this year its a pretty good drive for me. Is there any trails around you. My son lives in Derry and my sister is in Farmington so a weekend get away to ride is never out of the question seeing how I have a free place to stay in that area
Yup, there's a couple good places to ride around here. We can actually ride right out of our garage and have fun for a couple hours.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I've been reading about possible delays in the parks being opened. I sure hope that is not the case but the forecasts aren't exactly perfect for drying some of these trails out.

This link was posted on the NH ATV Club facebook page in a discussion on if the trails will be open (I think they're talking more about inside Jericho Park) for Memorial Day Weekend.

The New Hampshire Division of Parks and Recreation : Trail Information

You'd think mud would be something to expect with ATVing but I guess some of the main trails in Jericho Park were pretty torn up by the water runoff during the Spring thaw.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I may be heading over to Colbrook on the 23rd for the day cant wait stinks my VT reg is no longer valid in NH but for 88 bucks it is still worth it

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just got home a couple hours ago. Trails are excellent. We rode the Milan trails off of Muzzy Hill rd the first day... 75% were very boring. Jericho on Saturday was excellent. I feel like maybe there are more trails there then there used to be.

·
Premium Member
2,540 Posts
Are the trails the snowmobile trails? We have been thinking of doing a trip but unsure about the trails. A few of our riders went to jackman Maine and said it sucked. Mostly logging roads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
466 Posts
I'm killing time in Gorham but about to wake my son up so we can hit the trails in Jericho and nearby. The last few times I've come up here, I woke up around 5. Today was around 4:00 for whatever reason. No alarm clock, just eagerness, I guess.

Looks like it should be a great day with partly cloudy skies, high temp near 80.

·
Registered
923 Posts
why does nh not allow full size sxs? except I guess maverick xc's

·
Registered
922 Posts
I see SxS all the time up there. Mostly Rzr's but some CanAm's. They have a place up in Colbrook that rents them as well

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Coos county, private property and other specific trails are the only place they're allowed. NH considers any vehicle over 50" wide to be NOT an ATV. Most of the trails in NH have gates throughout the system that are set at 52" wide.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Coos county, private property and other specific trails are the only place they're allowed. NH considers any vehicle over 50" wide to be NOT an ATV. Most of the trails in NH have gates throughout the system that are set at 52" wide.
Well then that makes sense as thats were I ride:th_smiliewoo: thanks for the info. Heading over to Pittsburg for 3 days July 4th weekend can't wait

1 - 20 of 22 Posts