Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello here at Can Am forum ..
Danish guy has become ATV owner - a used Outlander Max 570 from 2018 - and I am very pleased with it.

My ATV is street legal so me and my son can ride together going to the beach or the forest

only thing that annoy me is that I can’t figure out why my brake lights are on all the time….

I can disconnect foot brake switch - hand/ steering handle brake and lights remain on.

if I remove the contactor in fuse box, no stop lights on - but as soon as I plug in the relay again, stoplights are on …

anyone had similar problem - I’ll appreciate any help I can get 👍
Best regards,
Michael
Denmark

·
Admin
10,604 Posts
Welcome to the site. Back in the days 2008 i had this problem on my ride when riding. Might not be the same for you but i changed the spring that pulls the foot lever back up after braking, The original spring was just not strong enough after few weeks.

·
Regular Joe
2014 Maverick 1000r
6,698 Posts
Welcome to the site, Michael

Sounds like you've either got an issue with both taillight sockets, or a wiring issue somewhere. If you disconnect the brake light switch, and the brake lights are still powered, the circuit is artificially being energized. Is that a relay on that circuit, or a fuse?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts