Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the forum but not to atving. This is my can am and I have to say going from a 450 honda to a 800 outlander its a nice change. I hope to put it through 10,000 kms of shit and abuse without any major problems.

Anyway I'm looking for Canadian aftermarket dealers, the Canadian dollar isn't worth anything now so I would rather find parts in Canada. Here's what I'm looking for any input on a better product or where I could get it on the right side of the border.

Dobteck AFR+ programmer
Snorkels - open to opinions
Rad Relocate -open to opinions

Another question anyone else go through brake pads in 1000km (600 miles)

Thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
932 Posts
Most people that mud seem to go through brake pads by 500 km and replace with either Race Driven or EBC.

As for Rad relocates, I like the the BRP set up. IMO, it looks like it belongs on the bike. Rubber Down Customs makes a nice unit. Also that place out in Saskatchawan Pines Power Sports, they look pretty good as well.
I have not done a programmer but I am considering the BRP snorkel.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Where in ontario are you. ?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Welcome from Barrie! Get yourself a set of Race Driven pads, that will fix your brake issues. Stock pads are terrible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
932 Posts
On the welcome board for Can Am where someone says they just bought a brand new one, the link for Race Driven should be sent along with links to a couple of threads from guys complaining how we may have ruined the rotors because we didn't know how crappy OEM pads are.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im close to Belleville. I just got a set of EBC pads in, I'll see how those hold up. My rotors are rough to but I'll turn them on the lathe to get the high spots down.

·
Registered
895 Posts
You can look up these guys 2Koolperformance. There number I believe is 613 925 4015. I think that is your area phone number. Or google them.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Check out my buddy at ATV Tire Rack on Facebook. He can get you everything you're looking for and will beat anyones prices. He can even get BRP OEM products/lubricants. He's located in Kingston.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I had s bad experience with atv tire rack, he ships using greyhound and had to drive an hour and a bit to pick up my parts when I payed for to my door delivery, you figure when you buy 4200$$ in parts the guy would make sure to use a good shipping company, so had to carry about 250 lbs of parts through bus terminal a cross Main Street in Oshawa to my truck... Ridiculous, when I called he said he would refund me 7$ as it wasn't his problem. Me and my buds spend ALOT of money on our bikes and this guy won't see any of it

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I buy from ATV Tire Rack because his prices are the best, not because of how he ships stuff. lol.
Did you get all your stuff?? Was it the best price?? If yes to both those questions, then what does shipping method matter??
You obviously agreed to it being shipped by bus prior to paying. If you had an issue with that you should have said "No thx". ALOT of small companies ship stuff on buses because it way cheaper.

·
Registered
375 Posts
If I pay for shipping to my door I expect to my door bottom line, his prices beat others buy a few bucks don't kid yourself plus you pay extra for paying by credit card, he wasn't the best to deal with by any means, cheaper for them at the expense of the customer give me a break

·
Registered
375 Posts
It's definitley my fault should have done more research won't buy through him again and would not recommend him MY opinion...

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I agree darkknight, if he deceived you about using a shipping company and then shipped it on a bus, then yes, that aint right and I can totally understand the bad taste that would leave with you. It sucks that you had a bad experience because Mike is a very nice guy.
All I can say is that myself and many others down here around the Kingston area have nothing but good things to say about ATV Tire Rack.

·
Registered
375 Posts
He seemed like an alright guy nothing against him, he told me that it was greyhound but still to the door, when it got to Oshawa station they said they don't deliver where I live so shipping back to Kingston through toronto I needed the parts so had no choice to go get them. He should do his research about the shipping service he provides for his customers. Nice guy bad service, I'm not saying it will happen to anyone else just saying what happened to me and was given no rectification, send a guy a sticker kit, shift knob somthing!!! I spent slot of money with this guy and all I got was "it happens, I have nothing to do with shipping" well that's not good enough in my mind so like I said he won't get another cent from me or anyone I ride with

·
Registered
375 Posts
It's the trend these days it seems no service after payment sad but true and a story told about many companies

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
sorry to the Original Poster for hijacking this thread. LOL
If you're on Facebook and lookin for people to ride with, check out Quad City Brawlers. Most the guys on there are from Kingston and surrounding areas

PS - darkknight I PM'd you a question

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've talked to Mike at ATV tire rack and even stopped into his shop... well house. What bothered me was he had no signs out front, his shop was just a touch nicer then shed and he came out with a piece of printer paper to wright down what I wanted. This was 2 months ago and he hasn't called me with a price of anything.

Hes got good prices but it would make me feel better if he actually had a shop and some sings

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
LOL! Mike's makin me look like an ass right now. lol. here I am recommending him and 2 people already don't like him. lol. But in all honesty, he's 1 guy answering 100 emails/phone calls/ Facebook messages per day. I know him personally and he's not a shady guy at all. I would never deal with shady people. this isn't his primary business, hes also a photographer. I think the atv/sled business just exploded for him in the last year and hes havin trouble keepin up.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts