Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
New to the forums.
in the market for a 2 up atv for me and the wife. Stock between Can Am and Polaris. Looking for advice as I have found a used 2008 Oulander Max 800 with 130 hrs and about 900 miles.
No snorkels, and no rad relocation either. Original owner with title.
Looks clean and the guy is firm on the price $4500.
Is this fair, cheap, too much ???
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
1st of all let me welcome you to the site.
The NADA says List price is $10,499 and low retail is $3,380 and average retail is $4,445. 2008 Can-Am Outlander Max 800 XT Prices and Values - NADAguides So he's right at the average retail price range. That's not many hours or miles on a 2008 machine, so if it's in good shape it may be a good deal.

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
4,287 Posts
Welcome to the site

From here, that sounds like an average/good deal. While that bike does bring a lot to the table, it's also ~13years old, and not many ATV's are garage queens, tho that one sounds like it hasn't seen much use.

Only counter-point I might offer is unless you're looking for that much power, take a look at newer max chassis bikes, like say the 450cc 2-up. You could probably land one of those for right around where you're at with that old 800.

As for the Can-Am vs. Polaris, I don't think I'd take a free sportsman from that age range, that's not even a hard choice to make. Good luck with your search! Pics of said machine?

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
4,287 Posts
So a base model machine, then. Nice wheels and tires for appearance sake, tho that green just doesn't do these bikes any justice, imo.

The XT package could've sweetened the pot say a few hundred worth of savings- get you a winch, hand guards, and front/rear bumpers. No "real" loss, tho.

I mean, original owner with title is nice, but firm at $4500 has me really looking at newer machines for not much more

1 - 6 of 6 Posts