Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
2020 Outlander XMR 1000r Max
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will be mounting this 42 gallon tank in my Marlon wagon Saturday. Setting it up so it cannot contaminate the inside of the wagon with any gas or fumes. Fill cap and gas fill hose will both be located on the outside. Got some aluminum fabrication and welding to do.
Tire Automotive tire Truck Tread Wheel
Gas Wood Rectangle Machine Metal

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Wow, that's a lot of gas to be hauling, are you planning on a long trip? or is it for multiple machines? We usually go in to Eureka for 5-7 days and the most I have taken is 22 gals, and now the last few trips I've been taking 10 gals. (But my gas tank on the Defender holds about 5 extra gals over my old Outlanders).

·
Administrator
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hopefully that tank has some baffles in it or your really going to feel the fuel sloshing around...
I pulled the fuel level sending unit out and the vent. Was able to see inside and there are two baffles inside that tank. Was glad to see them too.
I was surprised how clean the inside is. Was expecting to see rust.

·
Administrator
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got the tank mounted and fill tube done. Now for fuel pump and exterior line and fill valve.
I replaced the tongue with 2x2x1/4 and cut it 6 inches longer. Old tongue was 2x2x1/8.

Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Military camouflage

Tap Kitchen sink Plumbing fixture Countertop Sink

Automotive tire Asphalt Road surface Automotive exterior Bumper
Grey Bumper Automotive exterior Wood Material property

1 - 7 of 7 Posts