·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
666 Posts
Quote from the FB post.

"Lil sumthin'sumthin I figured out for the stock primary. Inner & outer sheeves fixed together w/o drilling the shift plate(so it doesn't break like those tried before).

Its been under my abuse a little while now & I couldn't be happier. Night/day grip difference but under continuous excessive abuse it will haze just enough to let you know you're asking for drivetrain failure. Still grips & keeps moving, but seems it should keep the belt just below the drivetrain.

Requires decent amount of machining/welding but if the interest is there I will consider marketing. - Some more test time on mine + a couple others to go first."

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Beat me to it!

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Thanks guys. Not a fan of Facebook here!!! Lol
Me either....Not on it, nor will I be...I'm to old for all those social media sites....

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Not sure how that would work out in the long run. The primary acts as a counter balance for the crank that's why if u start the machine without the primary it runs like chit. I'm wondering how the added weight will affect the harmonics of the engine

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not sure how that would work out in the long run. The primary acts as a counter balance for the crank that's why if u start the machine without the primary it runs like chit. I'm wondering how the added weight will affect the harmonics of the engine

I did ask about balancing issues and he said that it is balanced well up to 8k rpm, even better than the stock clutch. I don't see that being a big issue considering their are aftermarket clutches that are nearly half the weight of the stocker. A few ounces heavier shouldn't make a noticeable difference. Note, I am saying this with only basic knowledge of these clutches.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awesome! I figured he would be on here but didn't have a way to know who he was. Well JPs300, chime in and tell us the news!

·
Registered
279 Posts
He's a stand up guy for those that don't know him, he's known for his snorkels and all around custom ATV work here on the south part of florida!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts