Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New Product. Fits all Canams and soon other makes and models. And soon plug and ride versions. (no setup or tuning. No Laptop at all) $500-$535. Programming Kit $100.

Way cheaper than Re-Flash with any tuner. And Superior. Removable in seconds. Take to different ATV's. No back and forth shipping or extra Custom tune charges. (Ever) No "holes in the mapping" or decel fuel cut problems a re-flash gives.

Simple 3 point Connection. Fuel Injectors, Ignition Coil and Crank Sensor.

- Removes Factory detuning and limiters.
- Datalogging for proper Clutch Tuning. Makes simple accurate work.
- Tunes Fuel, Ignition Timing, Rev Limit. (Cooling fan Control options)
- Works off the Factory ecu. (+ bypasses in realtime)
- All Mapping is simple Table interface.
- Only 1 Autotune Sensor needed for true dual tuning. ($200)
- With or without laptop tuning options. Closed Loop Option.
- Specially designed software and firmware. All new.
- Cylinder Balance Tool (Test engine builds and parts)
- Future Power Extractor Tuning

Attachments

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
So is this a new updated replacement for the tune monster?

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yes and No.
For most stuff, yes this will do everything the TM will do in an easier and cheaper way. But it cannot do turbo's. (atleast not properly)

The TM is best for turbo's and certain things like racing pikes peak or real high rpm builds etc. (high rpm and a lot of elevation change etc). Otherwise, the MPT replaces the TM for most users. Both the TM (as of this month) and MPT use the same new technology and operational firmware.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Sounds good, Im ordering cams next week and have been weighing my options as far as tuning goes. I like that this can use only one O2 bung, itll make installing and removing it easier. I was going to order a pre tuned dobek but with the price of this new unit being not that much more I might just go for this.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
So what would it cost....all total, to have this on a 2015 Outlander XMR 1000 that has a Maverick engine? Can it auto tune 2 O2 sensors simultaneously?

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So what would it cost....all total, to have this on a 2015 Outlander XMR 1000 that has a Maverick engine? Can it auto tune 2 O2 sensors simultaneously?
Base Tuner for G2 = $535 + programming kit $100. So $635.

Yes, you can use 2 Autotune kits (o2 sensors) simultaneously. Dual setup is $400. But its not needed. You can do the same job with 1 AT kit and 2 bungs, putting $200 back in your pocket.

LINK: MPT Web Store | Monster Fuel Injection

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Base Tuner for G2 = $535 + programming kit $100. So $635.

Yes, you can use 2 Autotune kits (o2 sensors) simultaneously. Dual setup is $400. But its not needed. You can do the same job with 1 AT kit and 2 bungs, putting $200 back in your pocket.

LINK: MPT Web Store | Monster Fuel Injection
And if I understand correctly, I DONT need a reflash with the mpt? Since it can control rev limit? Or would I need one to remove speed limiter?

And how would I tune with 1 sensor.....you think i could get things safe enough to do the individual cylinders separately? I dont have a dyno nearby, all tuning will be done on the fly.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Correct. MPT control fuel, timing, rev limit and REMOVE speed limiters. Re-flash won't do anything for you but empty your wallet.

The way the MPT fueling is designed is that the Main Mapping fuels both cylinders. And then a trim table that will +/- main mapping fuel to #2.

You tune this with one sensor in the front exhaust. This tunes both cylinders. (ideal on #1 and close enough on #2) It sets the mapping for the engine. Then you move sensor to rear exhaust. And tune the trim table. Thats it. You could go back and fine tune main mapping if you choose.

Once trim table is tuned for "your" current intake and exhaust tracts, you never need to retune it unless those parts are changed. (or cams / clutching outside of 400rpm) You can change fuel, clutching or exhaust outlets/mufflers etc and only the main mapping ever needs updated.

Simplest way to look at it - Main Mapping is MPT ecu tuning the engine. Trim mapping is like a built in fuel tuner on channel 2. You don't need to tune them at same time. (just like the factory ecu and a fuel tuner are not tuned at same time. One is simply correcting the other, after the fact)

You are far better off to tune it in the dirt under it s own weight with its regular tires than on a dyno. Spinning a weighted roller with whatever tire sizes and whatever brake load at whatever room temperature with a really hot engine simply is not the same as your quad in its own environment.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
So I think you mentioned.....with 2 sensors, this thing will run a closed loop, and constantly adjust for a targeted A/F ratio? But I assume the O2 sensors wouldnt like the water/mud?

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds good, Im ordering cams next week and have been weighing my options as far as tuning goes. I like that this can use only one O2 bung, itll make installing and removing it easier. I was going to order a pre tuned dobek but with the price of this new unit being not that much more I might just go for this.
You can use one bung in the collector pipe but it is definaelty better to use 2 bungs. Just one AT sensor setup. (rough dual tuning vs pinpoint dual tuning)

Does pre-tuned mean on from a dyno or dirt? with USA fuel or canadian fuel? with air humidity from the coast, central us or canada?
Any tune (or carb jetting) developed from USA will be about 12% too rich right off the bat for use in canada.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I think you mentioned.....with 2 sensors, this thing will run a closed loop, and constantly adjust for a targeted A/F ratio? But I assume the O2 sensors wouldnt like the water/mud?
Dual sensor autotune (at same time) Single sensor closed loop. (Only the main mapping needs to use closed loop as its feeling both cylinders)

Proper mapping doesn't ever need closed loop tuning. Unless you are constantly changing elevation or pouring different fuel in the tank. If you ride at one elevation usually and use the same fuel type, there is no benefit.
Correct, wideband o2 sensor do NOT like cold thermal shocks or over taxing the o2 heater trying to keep the sensor hot enough under water.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
So what would be the determining factor on whether I need the autotune module or not? Would you have a map that would even allow a Maverick engine to run on an atv?

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So what would be the determining factor on whether I need the autotune module or not? Would you have a map that would even allow a Maverick engine to run on an atv?
Engine tuning depends your machine is stock or not. Since your setup definitely is not, you need to tune it. (stock ecu is mapped for ATV engine setup but you have a UTV engine setup going in. Then it is changed form (intake and exhaust tracts) from even a stock UTV. So yes, you need to tune your engine.

Rather if its with autotune or manually or dyno etc is your choice. Definitely AT is the quickest AND most accurate.

Yes, i can set up tuner to run any engine configuration. Whatever flywheel, injector sizes, fuel pressure, engine build etc etc. This stuff is trivial.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Running one now on my 2011 800, cams ,exhaust not to crazy but so far very impressed, Rev limiter set to 8400, the timing advanced, getting the bottom end back like the old 800 ho, it's powerful and it's flexible, does alot, all in the same fuel monster package size just added spark box and she goes. Working on the clutching now with the added revs.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

·
Registered
444 Posts
This is exactly what im looking for, iv got the yoshi pipe and twin air filter, all which can am claims no controller need, but im putting cams in nxt march and need a tuner, this sounds easy and it removes limiters, so do u go for a drive, come back and accept trims on 1 cyl, change sensor to 2 cyl, go for a drive, come back accept trims on laptop and save map and remove the auto tune so it doesn't get destroyed in mud and water and your good until say winter , then make a map for winter, and does it save maps, like a summer map and winter map?

·
Registered
444 Posts
I think a video of this being conected and used wold be a great way to really show us whats all involved with it , but im a really visual guy I guess, lol

·
Registered
40 Posts
Indeed. It would sell more units for sure if there was a Youtube "how to" on this unit.....I suggest a 2014 Outlander XT 1000.....but I'm biased, hahaha. I happen to know of one that could be used for the video if y'all are in Washington State ;-)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts