Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone recently order a new machine? I put a deposit down but the dealer has stated that Can am doesn't even acknowledge orders nor give a estimated date. Just wondering what kind of wait I need to prepare for

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently put a deposit down for a Defender limited on 3/20/21. My dealer told me they have a shipment coming in May that will have my unit. Dealer is located in Red Wing Mn and they still had some available to reserve. I would maybe check around to other dealers this is one of the bigger can am dealers in the area. Hope this helps

·
Registered
179 Posts
I was told today 4-6 months on a renegade. Dealer stated there is a supply chain issue and production on some models are paused temporarily. I found the model I was looking for in a dealer inventory but they seriously were asking $2,300 more. Scumbag dealer taking advantage of the shortage....

·
Registered
41 Posts
I put money down on a 6x6 Outlander 640 on Jan. 3 2021 and for the last three months been told BRP won’t even process the order. Next try is first week of April. Further been told chances are still 50/50.
even if the order goes through, likely delivery won’t even happen until August. Thus missing pretty much all of Alaska’s summer.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I was told today 4-6 months on a renegade. Dealer stated there is a supply chain issue and production on some models are paused temporarily. I found the model I was looking for in a dealer inventory but they seriously were asking $2,300 more. Scumbag dealer taking advantage of the shortage....
that’s some dirty shit.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Outlander XMR 1000r Max
774 Posts
I put money down on a 6x6 Outlander 640 on Jan. 3 2021 and for the last three months been told BRP won’t even process the order. Next try is first week of April. Further been told chances are still 50/50.
even if the order goes through, likely delivery won’t even happen until August. Thus missing pretty much all of Alaska’s summer.
Did you check with Delta Powersports?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ordered defender limited last December and no machine yet!!
Dealer keeps saying May!
May about gone.
Dealer can’t even find out if machine is waiting delivery or even if it’s been made!!
This the best brp can do?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Dealer ordered my Limited in January, I put money down on it in beginning of March and was told deliver for end of March, didn't arrive till end of April.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I've never seen dealers with such low inventory, places that normally have 50+ machines only have a handful in inventory. My opinion is that now it's about global chip shortages that are predicted to catch up next year (Q222). This could be part of the problem outside of Covid and previous plant shutdowns.
1622209302378.png

·
Registered
32 Posts
Depending on what model you are looking for try doing a search on Atvtrader and saving it, I get alerts every time one is being shipped in my area of search. Mine even showed up on here before it made it to the dealer.

·
Registered
2021 Defender Max Limited
55 Posts
Got ours late Nov. of 2020. Ordered end of Sept. So about 7 weeks then.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Outlander XMR 1000r Max
774 Posts
Looks like BRP should go back to old style non-computerized machines for 2022. Then they can make machines and get them to market.
K.I.S.S. - Keep it simple stupid.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We ordered a Camo Max Limited in January was told April. Put down a deposit and it arrived in early May. Dealer went up $2000 over so we canceled. Found another one at a dealer and bought it at retail price not a penny more. Did drive 6 hours to get it though. The Defender is just not around. They should be able to see what they have incoming and plug your name into the system? Good luck its worth the wait

·
Registered
14 Posts
The dealer I purchased from told me they could swap panels with another Defender they had in stock if I really wanted camo. The way he loaded "extra" charges on everything but the air breathed in his showroom, I said no thanks. Won't buy any accessories from him (have already added +$2000 on the machine). He's a slime bag. Found a good one 25 miles from me.

Wild Weasel

·
Registered
4 Posts
Told sometime in June now!!
I guess brp told dealers no more orders till the 2022’s come out in fall?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone recently order a new machine? I put a deposit down but the dealer has stated that Can am doesn't even acknowledge orders nor give a estimated date. Just wondering what kind of wait I need to prepare for
I dropped a deposit on an already ordered maverick sport dps 1000r first week of March. Was told early June delivery. 3 weeks ago told it was shipping from Mexico on the 7th of this month. 2 days ago told it might be shipping on the 21st. Asked for the vin to start insurance. They wouldn't give it to me. Asked to take care of the financing and was told they would email me some stuff. They sent a link to the generic brp pre approval page. Starting to think they know just about as much as I do which doesn't make me feel to good. Hopefully everyone gets their new machines in time to enjoy the summer. If not does anyone know if tracks are backorder too lol, not really funny

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have you heard anything else on your order? I was told on mine it would be July.

·
Registered
1 Posts
[/QUOTE
I'm in Ontario and ordered an outlander xmr 850 on January 20th 2021. It was hard then to find a local dealer that didn't blow me off. Initially I was told it should be here in May or the 2nd week of June at the latest. So here we are 2nd week of June the sales guy I've been dealing with says he's waiting for a shipping confirmation still. Fingers crossed

1 - 20 of 23 Posts