Can-Am ATV Forum banner

New Order

30K views 44 replies 28 participants last post by  Never again 
#1 ·
Has anyone recently order a new machine? I put a deposit down but the dealer has stated that Can am doesn't even acknowledge orders nor give a estimated date. Just wondering what kind of wait I need to prepare for

#2 ·
I recently put a deposit down for a Defender limited on 3/20/21. My dealer told me they have a shipment coming in May that will have my unit. Dealer is located in Red Wing Mn and they still had some available to reserve. I would maybe check around to other dealers this is one of the bigger can am dealers in the area. Hope this helps

#3 ·
I was told today 4-6 months on a renegade. Dealer stated there is a supply chain issue and production on some models are paused temporarily. I found the model I was looking for in a dealer inventory but they seriously were asking $2,300 more. Scumbag dealer taking advantage of the shortage....

#4 ·
I put money down on a 6x6 Outlander 640 on Jan. 3 2021 and for the last three months been told BRP won’t even process the order. Next try is first week of April. Further been told chances are still 50/50.
even if the order goes through, likely delivery won’t even happen until August. Thus missing pretty much all of Alaska’s summer.

#6 ·
I put money down on a 6x6 Outlander 640 on Jan. 3 2021 and for the last three months been told BRP won’t even process the order. Next try is first week of April. Further been told chances are still 50/50.
even if the order goes through, likely delivery won’t even happen until August. Thus missing pretty much all of Alaska’s summer.
Did you check with Delta Powersports?

#10 ·
I've never seen dealers with such low inventory, places that normally have 50+ machines only have a handful in inventory. My opinion is that now it's about global chip shortages that are predicted to catch up next year (Q222). This could be part of the problem outside of Covid and previous plant shutdowns.
Rectangle Font Parallel Brand Plot

#11 ·
Depending on what model you are looking for try doing a search on Atvtrader and saving it, I get alerts every time one is being shipped in my area of search. Mine even showed up on here before it made it to the dealer.

#14 ·
Looks like BRP should go back to old style non-computerized machines for 2022. Then they can make machines and get them to market.
K.I.S.S. - Keep it simple stupid.

#15 ·
We ordered a Camo Max Limited in January was told April. Put down a deposit and it arrived in early May. Dealer went up $2000 over so we canceled. Found another one at a dealer and bought it at retail price not a penny more. Did drive 6 hours to get it though. The Defender is just not around. They should be able to see what they have incoming and plug your name into the system? Good luck its worth the wait

#16 ·
The dealer I purchased from told me they could swap panels with another Defender they had in stock if I really wanted camo. The way he loaded "extra" charges on everything but the air breathed in his showroom, I said no thanks. Won't buy any accessories from him (have already added +$2000 on the machine). He's a slime bag. Found a good one 25 miles from me.

Wild Weasel

#18 ·
I dropped a deposit on an already ordered maverick sport dps 1000r first week of March. Was told early June delivery. 3 weeks ago told it was shipping from Mexico on the 7th of this month. 2 days ago told it might be shipping on the 21st. Asked for the vin to start insurance. They wouldn't give it to me. Asked to take care of the financing and was told they would email me some stuff. They sent a link to the generic brp pre approval page. Starting to think they know just about as much as I do which doesn't make me feel to good. Hopefully everyone gets their new machines in time to enjoy the summer. If not does anyone know if tracks are backorder too lol, not really funny

#41 · (Edited)
I to have been waiting since Oct for a unit that was ordered in Aug. Dealerships should not tell people any time frame due to them really not know. Only time a dealer knows when they should expect it is when they get an email stating " confirmed ship date". Once its confimed itll take 2 weeks or less to come in.

#20 ·
Has anyone recently order a new machine? I put a deposit down but the dealer has stated that Can am doesn't even acknowledge orders nor give a estimated date. Just wondering what kind of wait I need to prepare for
[/QUOTE
I'm in Ontario and ordered an outlander xmr 850 on January 20th 2021. It was hard then to find a local dealer that didn't blow me off. Initially I was told it should be here in May or the 2nd week of June at the latest. So here we are 2nd week of June the sales guy I've been dealing with says he's waiting for a shipping confirmation still. Fingers crossed

#25 ·
I ordered a can am x3 in April of 2021 and have no word on it yet. The dealer says no ship information yet! I also put a deposit down so I'm hit either way without losing deposit. Frustrating yes! But unless can am or dealer backs out I can't get my deposit back. So I'm just waiting. I'm moving into four morhs now!

#26 ·
Put money down on Maverick Sport Max end of March and still have not heard a thing. Very sad! If anyone wants a 2022 order now you might get it by 2023! This has to hurt Can Am reputation! Might start selling my Can Am Maverick Max accessories I bought and keep my Yamaha!

#27 ·
I ordered and put money down on January 21st on a '21 Outlander Max XT-P 850. I literally just got the ship notification from the dealer 2 days ago. The wait times are ridiculous but what are you gonna do? You've got manufacturers from just about everything struggling to get semi-conductors for their products.

#28 ·
You've got manufacturers from just about everything struggling to get semi-conductors for their products.
That is a fact! Even have issues getting components for our fleet of Peterbilt trucks. Look at new computers. Twice the price from a year ago. My $1250.00 2080TI video card is selling for 3K now.:eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.