Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Minnesota has new fee for out-of-state ATVs
Associated Press

ST. PAUL, Minn. - People from outside Minnesota will pay a new fee to take their all-terrain vehicles on state trails under a new law that takes effect next week. The nonresident ATV pass will cost $20 for a year, plus a possible $1 issuing fee. The fee will raise money to operate the Department of Natural Resources' electronic licensing system. The fee doesn't apply to government ATVs and ATVs operated by someone whose family owns the portion of the trail where they are driving.
[/FONT]

·
Registered
401 Posts
I thinks the trails should be locally operated without the D.ismal N.agging R.etards...

Let the communities that benefit from the trails provide for them. If I had to buy a $20 pass to enter the iron range park for the year I would pay it happily knowing it was going to that park and making sure it stayed running.

And then if I went to appleton and payed a fee so be it... as long as the freeking state would stay out of it!!!

I think Bunkhouse in WI is a good illustration of the state vs Owner/Rider... They took away the trail access to the park and forced them to close a GREAT ATV park because the state couldn't control it. Makes Me Sick!!

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts