Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys there have been many of you guys that have broken and stretched bolts in the primary and secondary. well no more of that mess! primary and secondary bolts stretch and break, these new bolts i have are a grade 13, and wont stretch and break.

the new bolts use metric allen sockets. you can pick up impact allen sockets that go on an impact at any sears, or most any auto parts store.

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts
How often should those bolts be replaced Adam?

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
when i sent a factory bolt to ARP, they tested it and told me that bolt should only be torqued to 75ft/lbs once, and then never more than 45ft/lbs or you will risk breaking the bolt. i have seen at least 5 primary bolts break myself on guys at rides or races, and countless numbers of people have had theirs break and just never say anything about it. the mud racing community is where we see the most problems because they dive into the clutch so often to change clutch setups trying to get it right, never thinking about the bolts and their weakness. once you overtorque the factory primary and secondary, they will stretch, and they DO break. i have tapped a crank out before because of a bolt breaking off, and it is NOT fun!

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Adam, are these bolts something we can pick up at the local fastenal or something ARP is making for you? If so, whats the pricing like??

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts
So I guess the more you work on the clutch the more often you should replace them OR go with the new ones and not worry about it. Good Stuff.

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry for not updating this thread guys. the bolts are something i had made, and can sell you. i sell these for $30 as a set. both primary and secondary bolts. just PM me and i'll get you fixed up!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Can you measure the length of your screws ?

We in France we have compared !

In no case the dimensions of the screws used exceeds the length of the screws completely new.:sad:

----------------------------

420641852 I found is the old version of the screw and even older 711641147.

==> Can-Am New Reference = 420641855 with code breaking strength of 12.9 ISO.

Airdam, you know GUIGNOL ???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts