Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now, apparently, the license plate isn't good anymore and they sent me 2 big stickers that are the size or a plate and tell me to put one on the front and back then to put the expiration sticker on the left side. Why would they think a big sticker is better. And where would i put this on the front of a renegade, or back.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Cut you a piece of aluminum the size of a plate and put sticker to that the hang it like a normal plate

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i was thinking that but you also need to put the same thing in the front. Its such a pain, i dont see why they needed to change it

·
Registered
215 Posts
It says in the directions to put it on the foward part of the atv so both are visible . Says nothing about front and back . They want you to put them on like a sled left and right side .So they are visible .If you put them on the tank they are not visible so were do you put them. They should have put a picture of were they want them.

·
Registered
90 Posts
It says in the directions to put it on the foward part of the atv so both are visible . Says nothing about front and back . They want you to put them on like a sled left and right side .So they are visible .If you put them on the tank they are not visible so were do you put them. They should have actually looked at an ATV before asking owners to put stickers on where there isn't room.
FTFY :aniwheeler6:

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
seems kinda dumb. Summer riding almost always involves some mud which quickly covers those areas.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Start writing your elected officials and tell em they don't fit, ask em why you are required by law to deface a $10000.00+ investment with a sticker that permanently scars your plastics or paint. Ask if they would do the same to their tax dollar bought beemers. Make a fuss, start a petition and get them to find a better way, even suggest a better way.
Until then I would use expanded plastic sheet (like on election yard signs) put sticker on it and hang it with zip ties. If you wanna stick it to the bike put sticker on a piece of window tint sheet or sign decal material that can be applied to bike with windex or water and easily removed without scarring when it needs replacing.
But above all..... let them know it's not acceptable.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Nice try guys- guess you've never been here-just east of the Twilight Zone. In case you get in the area, the first thing you will notice is the big, beautiful signs that say "For Safety's Sake- Take A Break". The next thing you will notice is if the rest area hasn't had Jersey barriers closing it off, the rest area will have- nothing.
:th_smiliepullhair:
Dropping a dime on your neighbor for their fire pit (illegal burning) is encouraged.
Having motorized fun is discouraged.

·
Registered
948 Posts
when I go to h/c I refuse to put sticker on my helmet, I'm not messing up an aria helmet for a sticker, only stopped once, no problem

1 - 9 of 9 Posts