Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, made some new spacers for my fox podiums on the renegade recently just got them installed. think they came out pretty good im happy with them anyways. made from a big piece of derlin plastic, kind of went with the catvos spacer design on a smaller scale. tell me what ya think

Attachments

·
Registered
225 Posts
Ive got 2 questions. 1 how did it effect your ride? I want a small lift on my outty but I paid for the xtp and don't want to lose my nice ride of the fox shocks. 2 how do u like those Mayhems?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i acctuly havent rode it yet so i cant tell you how it rides lol i dont really trail ride much we kind of just purly mud riders so i truly dont care bout the ride myself, i would say you could crank your shocks all the way down with a spacer and just lower all your compression and dampering settings and still ride perfectly nice tho thats how i ahve mine and just pushing down on it in the garage it still feels very nice and not to tight at all... the mega mayhems r awesome tho if you like to ride mud and your a trail rider as well there an awesome tire the side walls r so thick and super hard to puncture and the rides do not ride rough at all.... if you ride on alot of rocks or sand your not gonna like this tire they are r very hard rubber and dont get alot of tracton on rocks and they dont really like the sand. im not longer running them i went silverbacks but i would advise anyone to get the mega mayhems for sure, acctuly have friends running mega mayhems and monster mayhems and keeping right up with the backs and outlaws in the bad skeg which is very surprising but seeing it is believing it lol and i watch it every wknd in the summer months lol

Reactions: jfree1000outty

·
Registered
257 Posts
I put 1 inch spacers in my outlander 1000 and I have about 12.5 inches of clearance now instead of 11 and I can tell you if handles so much better with cornering it doesn't dive in the front end and the soggy feeling is gone.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Left has the spacers the right one is stock.

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya there a big help on xt bikes there shocks were made way to weak on those models

·
Registered
144 Posts
I put 1 inch spacers in my outlander 1000 and I have about 12.5 inches of clearance now instead of 11 and I can tell you if handles so much better with cornering it doesn't dive in the front end and the soggy feeling is gone.

Wheel well clearance? It doesn't do anything for ground clearance correct?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
225 Posts
Let me know how it rides. I want about 1" more over stock plus I'm adding 27" tires. I just don't want buy axels like I had to with my grizzly after a bracket lift or ruin my nice fox shocks.

·
Registered
37 Posts

Wheel well clearance? It doesn't do anything for ground clearance correct?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Definitely gives you more ground clearance

2006 Outlander 800
2007 Honda FourTrax 450 Trail Edition
2007 GMC Canyon 3.7 4 inch lift on 33s
2002 Yamaha TTR125

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the way i see it jfree if you put the 1 inch spacer in and its too tight of spring for you ... you can easily just uncrew them and back them off abit to where you like it since you have podiums you have that freedom, new can am axles are made pretty tough im running about 90RWHP after a 20 shot of nos on my bike still with stock axles that are holding up great im super surprised so i dont worry about your axles on a stock machine.... jerrybeav it does give ground clearance ... a 1 inch spacer will prob give you 1 1/2 inch ground clearance to 2 inches of ground clearance

1 - 10 of 10 Posts