1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally getting around to replacing OEM tires. Current tires are:

26 X 10 R12 in rear
26 X 8 R12 in front

Wanting to go perhaps one size bigger but not too big. Maybe 27's or 28's?

Usage is trail riding and plowing snow in winter at cabin

What are some good choices for my setup and what sizes do you folks recommend?

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
Can't go wrong with bighorns.

I have bearclaw htr, I can no longer recommend them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can't go wrong with bighorns.

I have bearclaw htr, I can no longer recommend them.
Thanks. Local ATV place says to stick with Bighorns versus the Bighorn 2.0. I'm not seeing them in the size I want.

Right now I'm leaning towards GBC Dirt Commanders in 27X11X12 for the rear and 27X9X12 for the front.

From my research, I hear these should fit without rubbing or needing spacers. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
Thanks. Local ATV place says to stick with Bighorns versus the Bighorn 2.0. I'm not seeing them in the size I want.

Right now I'm leaning towards GBC Dirt Commanders in 27X11X12 for the rear and 27X9X12 for the front.

From my research, I hear these should fit without rubbing or needing spacers. Any thoughts?
Dirt commanders are a very good tire. They are on the short list for my next set.

·
Registered
2017 Can-Am Outlander 570 Pro
163 Posts
i cannot complain about ITP terracross , they are lighter than the bighorn but the puncture resistance is weaker.

·
Registered
2017 Can-Am Outlander 570 Pro
163 Posts
Can anyone confirm that 27's fit in stock 9" rims without any rubbing?
27’s should fit without any rubbing

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 Can-Am Outlander Max XT 650
1,108 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,108 Posts
Finally getting around to replacing OEM tires. Current tires are:

26 X 10 R12 in rear
26 X 8 R12 in front

Wanting to go perhaps one size bigger but not too big. Maybe 27's or 28's?

Usage is trail riding and plowing snow in winter at cabin

What are some good choices for my setup and what sizes do you folks recommend?
I wouldn't got a size up simple because it will add weight and rotating mass which will affect performance for very little gain in terms of ride height. I have a 2016 650 XT and I run BigHorns 1.0 now with 1 inch spacers on all 4 corners (9 in the front, 12 in the rear). Very happy with them so far and was planning on trying the Kenda BearClaw HTR next.

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
Why not? Interested to hear more.
First set leaked at the rim from day one, a known issue, Kenda was great and sent a new set free of charge.

I chose to keep originals on. Horribly unbalanced, flat if left over night. Once worn some they were sketchy and unpredictable. Right rear failed, the carcass itself just kind of self imploded.

Put second set on. Better. But after a few days rears are totally flat. Horribly unbalanced, tire beads fixed that. Now that worn they are sketchy and unpredictable also.

Terrain is rocky, I do alot of logging roads and railbeds also. Having 82 hp, stage 4 elkas and a bit of a heavy thumb at times doesn't help for sure. But I expected more, from all the hype on the internet, and to me these tires are not all that.

I do have original bearclaws ony 98 Honda 300 that have been flawless and are probably 20 years old.

·
Super Moderator
1,108 Posts
First set leaked at the rim from day one, a known issue, Kenda was great and sent a new set free of charge.

I chose to keep originals on. Horribly unbalanced, flat if left over night. Once worn some they were sketchy and unpredictable. Right rear failed, the carcass itself just kind of self imploded.

Put second set on. Better. But after a few days rears are totally flat. Horribly unbalanced, tire beads fixed that. Now that worn they are sketchy and unpredictable also.

Terrain is rocky, I do alot of logging roads and railbeds also. Having 82 hp, stage 4 elkas and a bit of a heavy thumb at times doesn't help for sure. But I expected more, from all the hype on the internet, and to me these tires are not all that.

I do have original bearclaws ony 98 Honda 300 that have been flawless and are probably 20 years old.
Oh wow! That's really insightful and I wonder how isolated or common this can be with these tires because like you said, the hype about these tires all over the internet is significant.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts