Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 835 Posts

·
Vendor
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Working on this next project so I'll throw a heads up out there.

Renegades, Outlanders, Mavericks, Commanders and fit all models 650-1000cc 07-to-14 models

As most already know there is a ton to be gained from a clutch that is underdriven and lighter than stock!!

I will have Full replacement primary clutches ready to bolt on and go for the 650-1000 setups. Figure 2-3 months until they are ready for retail and testing is finished for setups.

These will feature a smaller diameter center 1.75 to underdrive the primary for gearing

This clutch will also be around 6 POUNDS lighter than stock!!! This will also be FULLY ADJUSTABLE and use any Polaris, Kawasaki, can am spring available.

Also, price....Clutch alone will be about 500.00 full spring and adjustable weights in a setup to bolt on ready to go about 700.00

These will work with all stock and STM secondary clutches and use stock belts

Full roller secondary's are in the works as well, they should be in the 400 range

I want to keep the cost down to about 1000.00 for the pri and sec set.

These are ALL NEW CLUTCHES!!!! Not reworked stock clutches off other machines.

Now you will have more options in the clutching department as my testing unfolds...:thumbsmilie:

·
Registered
517 Posts
i'm interested to see how they stack up with qsc and stm's offerings.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
So what are you going to do about engine braking be cause the Kawi system sucks . Why not use a Comet with a popo one way bearing or ma be you can use one in your Clutch.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Very nice, keep us updated!

·
Vendor
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
So what are you going to do about engine braking be cause the Kawi system sucks . Why not use a Comet with a popo one way bearing or ma be you can use one in your Clutch.

This is not a Kawasaki clutch or any other machines stock clutch reworked to fit on a can am crank. THey just wouldn't work out so I had to go another route and this should be the hot ticket for max performance, lowest weight, and best price.

These are 100% brand new and 100% made in the USA.

as far as engine braking, you will have it until the clutch disengages about 4-5 mph just like a QSC clutch or STM

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts
Sounds good. So no one way bearing?

·
Registered
665 Posts
are these going to be reworked cv tech clutches,just curious there's not many clutch makers out there sounds like it will a good set up you have alot of experiance with clutch work for sure.keep us posted john!

·
Vendor
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
are these going to be reworked cv tech clutches,just curious there's not many clutch makers out there sounds like it will a good set up you have alot of experiance with clutch work for sure.keep us posted john!
no these are not cv-tech clutches, Comet, Polaris, or any other OEM clutch retrofitted to this application, these are being custom built to be direct fit with no modifications needed.

These will use conventional primary spring and fully adjustable flyweights and are 100% made in the USA, as is most everything that I sell.

When they are ready, I'll need some testers, but I'll get to that later.:th_smiliethumbsup:

·
Registered
665 Posts
well i'm within 60 miles i got a 1000 xtp waiting for some ground ripping products,it would be cool to get the programmer you talked about and the clutch work done!

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
as far as engine braking, you will have it until the clutch disengages about 4-5 mph just like a QSC clutch or STM
No, the QSC will engine brake all the way down to the engine stops, just like stock, since it has a one way bearing. The STM don't have a one way bearing, so they will pretty much quit braking when the primary opens up.

Which way will yours do?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
No, the QSC will engine brake all the way down to the engine stops, just like stock, since it has a one way bearing. The STM don't have a one way bearing, so they will pretty much quit braking when the primary opens up.

Which way will yours do?
I have a QSC and it has as good if not better engine braking as the stock clutch but when I put the STM secondary on I lost my low speed engine braking. The reason I didn't have engine braking was the STM had to many shims between the pulleys .:tools1:

·
Vendor
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
the QSC I had setup ran a STM non e/b secondary helix that also required the shims between the sheaves, so it kicked out as well, about 4-5 mph even though it ran the center bearing on the primary it didn't make much difference. but if you have a lot of slack in the belt from too much shims, then it'll have little to none below 10 mph

This clutch will run a 1.75 diameter center vs the stock 2.25 bearing so if you are running a stock secondary you should have engine braking just like you do now.

engine braking really depends on how high of stall spring you have as well and how soon it kicks the sheave off the belt

·
Vendor
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
are these clutches going to be "locked" unlike the stocker?
Yes, they will be complete and locked with a spider that is torqued down to the fixed sheave, no inner sheave and outer sheave movement, Plus a quieter operating unit

1 - 20 of 835 Posts