Can-Am ATV Forum banner

781 - 800 of 835 Posts

·
Vendor
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #781 (Edited)
New batch of clutches arrived today. were back in stock ready to go!!!

I also heard thru the grapevine on Facebook and some other forums that Russel Coker from 3p performance has been spreading Rumors that Team will be discontinuing making these clutches.

this is 100% not true.

Team is discontinuing making the XP1000 polaris clutches. These can am clutches are in full effect and will remain in production. I spoke to the general manager and he said DO NOT believe what you hear in the internet.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Might be interesting to try this again, but with your Team primary. With the smaller bearing and smaller OD might allow the use of an OEM belt without bottoming out in the secondary, as it does with the stock primary. This is a 9.5 in. XP 900 Team Tied I modded to fit the Commander.

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
225 Posts
Just ordered my new primary today with a muzzy and PCV! Hope it's worth the $$$! John is a great guy that's been covered by many people but it's true even if I was the 101 guy to call him today and ask the same questions the last 100 did! As a owner of a company myself I found workers is the #1 issue then clients but if u don't have either problem u most likely aren't makin money!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Need suggestion on which color bolts and how many washers to set up my Maverick for 30" trail tires. Thanks for any help!
Setup sheet says rear hole use Red bolt with 2 thick washers. Tip hole use Green bolt with 1 thick and 1 thin washer. That's for stock tires. I'd start there and for 30's maybe only use 1 thick washer for the red bolt rear hole. Target rpm on a Mav is 7800-7900 at WOT.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Hey John,what's a better spring to run in the STM secondary? Mine has the pink spring in it now but some folks are running the gold.. Which one is the faster setup?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Just ordered my new primary today with a muzzy and PCV! Hope it's worth the $$$! John is a great guy that's been covered by many people but it's true even if I was the 101 guy to call him today and ask the same questions the last 100 did! As a owner of a company myself I found workers is the #1 issue then clients but if u don't have either problem u most likely aren't makin money!
well hows the set up treating you ?

·
Registered
225 Posts
well hows the set up treating you ?
I'm happy with it! It finally feels like a 1000. Stock form is a joke compared to a clutched 1000. I first bought this outty and wasn't happy with the power, ya it had power but if u read most posts and believe the 82hp is really what your getting then u will be upset like I was. Now after the clutch, pipe and tuner plus a few other handling mods now I like the outty power. I just hope it's reliable

·
Vendor
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #792
Hey John,what's a better spring to run in the STM secondary? Mine has the pink spring in it now but some folks are running the gold.. Which one is the faster setup?
I am running the Yellow in mine.

I also had the gold. there was very little difference if any that I noticed.

secondary springs make for better belt grip and better backshifting. they won't make you faster unless you have too stiff of a spring in there for your setup and go to the correct one.

those springs you mentioned, I'd doubt you'll notice much difference in speed between them

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
The gold is a stouter spring,would it be better all around running the 30" tires that I run?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Are the VFJ primary clutches still available? I was told that Team has quit making them. I read a few pages back and John said it was not true but I was told that today. Also, maybe John could answer if the the Team weights work in the QSC (latest version). Thanks for any response.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not sure, but they are not showing up on Teams website either, so I guess I will have to wait for confirmation from John.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Did you guys get a "new clutch bolt" with Johns clutch? I ordered the Primary from John and didn't get a new primary mounting bolt. His video shows using the new provided clutch bolt. John's on vacation this week, so I thought I'd ask here before I try to install this.
Thanks!

·
Registered
142 Posts
I did get a new primary clutch bolt with an allen wrench head. But I also had to add a spacer behind the back clutch cover, so the original bolt would have been to short.

Todd- 2015 xmr 1000 manta camo

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
I did get a new primary clutch bolt with an allen wrench head. But I also had to add a spacer behind the back clutch cover, so the original bolt would have been to short.

Todd- 2015 xmr 1000 manta camo
Thanks, thats what I figured by looking at his video. I'm glad I didn't rip it all apart with John on vacation this week and next!

·
Registered
180 Posts
WOW. Lots of info here. I just read all 799 posts. I've only put 60 miles on my machine and love the reviews of this new clutch!!!! Will be saving some pennies for sure.

shmoky

781 - 800 of 835 Posts
About this Discussion
834 Replies
136 Participants
Spawn
Can-Am ATV Forum
Can-Am Forum features the most comprehensive collection of Can-Am ATV information! Renegade, Outlander & MX, DS450 and more!
Full Forum Listing