Can-Am ATV Forum banner

801 - 820 of 835 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Deadman,

While you are waiting, get a new Secondary bolt. Instructions say you can reuse, but it is consumable (per Service Manual). Learn from my mistakes. At $10-13, it is cheap insurance. I also got the Secondary clutch holder tool (529035771 Driven clutch holder) for $25ish too. Helps to hold clutch while you proper torque it to BRP specs (ft/lbs AND degrees, this is important). Your call, but my mistake cost me over $400 in damage.....

This clutch is awesome. Will reveal the true 1000 in it....

beer10t

·
Registered
226 Posts
Sooo upon installation of the clutch my engagement RPM 's were around1800 or so, but lately they've dropped up to 2100-2200 (using baseline settings all throughout). I thought maybe my belt was worn because it had smoked a few days ago, so I changed it out with my backup (OEM one that came on it) but no change. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what may have caused the sudden change? Possible solution?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Quite possible ....whats a good spring to try?

·
Registered
392 Posts
New batch of clutches arrived today. were back in stock ready to go!!!

I also heard thru the grapevine on Facebook and some other forums that Russel Coker from 3p performance has been spreading Rumors that Team will be discontinuing making these clutches.

this is 100% not true.

Team is discontinuing making the XP1000 polaris clutches. These can am clutches are in full effect and will remain in production. I spoke to the general manager and he said DO NOT believe what you hear in the internet.....
What happened to the Team Canam Primary? :sad:

TEAM Aftermarket | Parts and clutches for ATV, Snowmobile, Golf, UTV and motorsports

·
Registered
48 Posts
New batch of clutches arrived today. were back in stock ready to go!!!

I also heard thru the grapevine on Facebook and some other forums that Russel Coker from 3p performance has been spreading Rumors that Team will be discontinuing making these clutches.

this is 100% not true.

Team is discontinuing making the XP1000 polaris clutches. These can am clutches are in full effect and will remain in production. I spoke to the general manager and he said DO NOT believe what you hear in the internet.....
What happened to the Team Canam Primary? :sad:

TEAM Aftermarket | Parts and clutches for ATV, Snowmobile, Golf, UTV and motorsports
So is it for sure, is it official or wondering if there just making them strictly for VFJ to sell.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Most likely selling them thru VFJ and QSC since it saves the manufacturer from dealing with individual customers

·
Registered
392 Posts
QSC only needs the spider and movable sheave from Team, those parts are used in another oem application outside the aftermaket line so he's good for continued production. The rest is cut by a local machine shop. He doesn't need the aftermarket clutch assembly from Team.

I'm upset that team discontinued these and the RZR 900/1000 clutches. They are great options for the price.

·
Registered
18 Posts
rpms hit 7500 and spool up is Is instant. Just way more snappy. It works. Very happy.
How do you have the weights setup?
Went with washer set up that john recommends with the kit for 1000. But I added one washer (lightest of the three) to the heel of each weight. Wanted slightly lowered engagement with a little lower rpms in midrange. Very minor addition. Going to leave as is.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I wonder if this might help my issue with my engagement? Over a few months of steady use it seems my engagement RPM's are now up around 2100 as opposed to the 1800 i was experienceing at first. I did switch around the tip end weights a bit but then changed it back to baseline settings recently just after noticing my higher engagement....didn't fix anything....and to make the worst of it i stripped out one of the 6 allen heads holding the cover plate on :-\

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Are the VFJ primary clutches still available? I was told that Team has quit making them. I read a few pages back and John said it was not true but I was told that today. Also, maybe John could answer if the the Team weights work in the QSC (latest version). Thanks for any response.
Yes, this is true. We are a dealer for them, and they did inform us they are stopping production of these aftermarket clutches to focus on the OEM's.

Sorry guys....it stinks!

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Are the VFJ primary clutches still available? I was told that Team has quit making them. I read a few pages back and John said it was not true but I was told that today. Also, maybe John could answer if the the Team weights work in the QSC (latest version). Thanks for any response.
Yes, this is true. We are a dealer for them, and they did inform us they are stopping production of these aftermarket clutches to focus on the OEM's.

Sorry guys....it stinks!
It's because all new Cat sleds are coming with new Team primary and secondary clutches for 2016. I'm sure Teams order book is full!

·
Registered
65 Posts
You need the EPI Teryx Primary puller. It is in this thread somewhere. The bad is that I needed to remove 1/4" to 3/8" to get the stock Primary off. Well when I went to take my wife's VFJ Primary off, and I was off by that same 1/4" to 3/8" to get the post to hit the back of the crank to pull the VFJ clutch off the machine. So I had to weld a 3/8" piece of bolt back on to the end. Tapping on the clutch with dead blow helped too.

Get yourself a EPI Clutch puller, the stock BRP one is junk and will bend. Oh and put anti-seize on the threads of it before threading in.

beer10t

·
Registered
589 Posts
Ordered the teryx one. I tried to just bolt the clutch back one but now it seems there is nothing there to grab. Maybe its just far enough off to reach.

801 - 820 of 835 Posts
About this Discussion
834 Replies
136 Participants
Spawn
Can-Am ATV Forum
Can-Am Forum features the most comprehensive collection of Can-Am ATV information! Renegade, Outlander & MX, DS450 and more!
Full Forum Listing