Can-Am ATV Forum banner

821 - 835 of 835 Posts

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Ordered the teryx one. I tried to just bolt the clutch back one but now it seems there is nothing there to grab. Maybe its just far enough off to reach.
It's either on or off. Thousandths of an inch. I wouldn't doubt you may have screwed the threads on the crank.....hope not!$$$$$$

·
Registered
365 Posts
I ordered one of those and it ruined the threads inside the clutch. I had to tap it out to accept my CVTech puller.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I thought John was now offering a heavy duty puller?

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Will the water method not work on the VFJ clutch?

Put some water in before the puller. wrap the threads of the puller with teflon plumbers tape and thread it in. water will not compress, so as the pressure builds, the clutch pops off. Just use an air hose and blow the water out when you are done. Also, you will need to tip the bike up on its right side so the water will go in. doesn't take much water to do the trick.

·
Registered
111 Posts
So without reading through 83 pages, how are these clutches holding up? Would like to put one on my Maverick

·
Registered
932 Posts
So without reading through 83 pages, how are these clutches holding up? Would like to put one on my Maverick
Can't answer the question, but like mentioned above, they are currently unavailable.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Have mine on my BBK rene, its done a few hare scrambles, weekend trips with drags involved, fast trail riding. I have had zero issues. I don't mud, I avoid it. I just like to go fast.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Why are they not available anymore?
The manufacture of them (Team) has OEM ones to make which take precedent. That's what John told me. He hopes they will be back to producing them later towards the end of the year.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Is the VFJ primary needed for primary lockup in the Maverick Max Turbo? Not the XDS or XRS Turbo, but the base turbo Maverick Max. I have read the Turbo XDS has a locked primary, but I don't know about the base Turbo Maverick Max Turbo. I'm talking about this one.

Maverick MAX TURBO | Can-Am

If the primary is a locked primary in this Maverick Max turbo model does it have any short comings? Is the VFJ primary better?

I have also read the Maverick (all models) have a roller secondary. Is this true?

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Qsc....Stm....Cvtech

821 - 835 of 835 Posts
About this Discussion
834 Replies
136 Participants
Spawn
Can-Am ATV Forum
Can-Am Forum features the most comprehensive collection of Can-Am ATV information! Renegade, Outlander & MX, DS450 and more!
Full Forum Listing