2020 Outlander XMR 1000r Max
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find this interesting! May get one and integrate it into my 2020
Screenshot from 2020-10-01 19-03-05.png

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not sure if it is compatible with 2020....they say it is highly integrated with ECU, etc.
My got feeling its a totally new differential and transfer case

ATVing obsessed

·
Premium Member
2020 Outlander XMR 1000r Max
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will be interesting to look into. Kinda like the one time I adapted a 4L80E transmission to a 1974 454 engine in a 1950 Ford Panel Van..

·
Registered
43 Posts
Has anyone looked to see if the diff has the same dimensions and mounting points as the old one?

Then there is the wiring. The parts diagram appears to show 4 wires. The ecu integration could be as simple as a signal to the ecu that it is on to limit top speed and perhaps increase DPS power. But if it's just an electro-mechanical lock it seems that aspect could be connected to a switch and other machines just wouldn't have the system integration aspect.

Some of the language from the description on the brp site includes: "If you throttle up, or even forget it's on, vehicle speed will remain constant after reaching 37 mph (60 km/h). This allows riders to keep 4WD locked, seamlessly working with DPS for easy steering and control." and " What is Visco-4Lok? A full, mechanical locking function added to the Visco-Lok limited-slip 4WD system. When the conditions call for a locked front differential, riders can manually LOCK the front differential." and "Is Visco-4Lok a mechanical system? Absolutely--when engaged, power goes directly to the wheels from the main gear. The OVERRIDE function allows full 4WD lock to remain locked even under full throttle. When equipped, it's fully integrated into the ATV systems, including rider controls, ECU, DPS, and drivetrain calibration--Visco-4Lok was created for riders, by riders as the next evolution in extreme off-road traction."

If anyone has access to one, it would be great if you could do testing multi meter checks of the wires locked and unlocked.

Parts diagram:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts