Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hay guys
legal name is Scott been called Rudy last 30 years, Iam old pushing 60 but ride 60 to 100 plus miles each outing, have had 6 Polaris's and have had good luck with them all, like to do my own maintenance to save money and iam arrogant enough to think I can do it better then the 20 year old kid behind the counter. The reason for a can-am is its time to get my grandson out in the woods, going to give him and his dad ( my son) my 2013 sportsman 500HO and want to get a 2 up for the wife and I ( funny she never wanted to go with just me). It just looks like she will be more comfortable on the cam-an. I been on the Polaris forum for around 5 years, so I know 90% is questions for help or to bitch about the company, I found it a good way to learn.
what I need to here is the 650 outlander max XT is a good machine. Would like to here of machines with descent amount of miles with no trouble.
Here in Wisconsin the out the door price seems to be just under 11,000???? does this seen right???
thanks in advance
Rudy

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Welcome aboard!

I don't have high mileage or a 650, but I ride with a few guys that do. They have all had good luck with them. We ride a lot of mud here, so there is always the normal wear items that go bad quicker from the mud than they would on a trail machine. I'm sure you know from your other machines over the years, that if you take care of them, they will take care of you. Keep up with the maintenance and you will do well with the 650.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Hey Rudy, Welcome to the site, I just sold my 2007 650XT outlander that had 3550 miles on it. It was and still is in great running condition. Very good power, and all around great machine. Mine was not a max version, but plenty of power to haul two around easily. As long as you grease them and keep them maintained regularly, you should have no issues and love it. I too have had a few polaris's as well as a few other brands. A couple years ago, I went with Can am's and probably wouldn't go back to any others really. (My personal opinion of course.) I'm 48.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Price sounds rite in line. I just picked up a 650 max in platinum pushing $12k out the door.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Love my 09' 650MAX; over 2k miles majority mountainous rocky terrain loaded for bear (camping; hunting). No complaints from my passengers. Best wishes on your new purchase Rudy, my opinion is you won't regret it.:th_smiliethumbsup:

·
Registered
713 Posts
Rudy, Welcome! I have a 2012 650 max xtp and love it. We really like the adjustable shocks. Setting 1 for when the wife is with, and either 1 or 6 for me alone depending on the terrain and depth of mud.

I would bump up from the xt to the xtp in a heartbeat. You won't be disappointed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts