Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 Can-Am Outlander Max XT 650
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellas,

My order of accessories finally arrived from the US, and I spent the past weekend and this weekend so far installing the accessories so I will be posting about all these accessories' installation soon.

Below are photos of how I installed the LED light bar since I don't have the OEM XT bumper, I didn't want the bar to sit too low and be prone to scratches and damage from bushes, and I didn't want to block the radiator's airflow (let's skip debating on that please). I used automotive heavy duty steel brackets and secured them to the front rack using bolts and nuts through the existing pre-drilled holes in the front rack where the OEM XT bumper connects. I like the end result and the fact that the light bar protrudes outward enough for me not to lose any space for loading up for camping trips where every cm/inch counts.

I was really impressed with the Nilight kit which comes with a harness, a relay, fuses, spades, etc... I ended up using 2 can-am wiring pig tail kits and connected them with the DC3 accessory outlet. Thanks to everyone here who shed light on the DC3 option.

Links to the products: Nilight - ZH007 LED Light Bar 12" 72W and Can-Am Pigtail Wiring Kit

Now you are going to laugh at me, but I didn't get a chance yet to test and adjust the bar at night :LOL: I've been busy in the afternoons and evenings so haven't been riding then but I will definitely update this thread when I do. The light turns ON and OFF though! :cool:

Feedback, questions, and comments are welcomed.

Cheers.

·
Registered
2014 Outlander max xt 650
95 Posts
Nice project completed, looks like the front bumper should provide protection from impact. Love peoples ingenuity when adding accessories, thanks for sharing.

·
Super Moderator
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks good.
Thank you!
Nice project completed, looks like the front bumper should provide protection from impact. Love peoples ingenuity when adding accessories, thanks for sharing.
Oh yeah. It's beefy. I enjoy maintaining and accessorizing my ATV as much as I enjoy riding it. I hope this will inspire others and helps them in tricking out their ride.

Reactions: 650outymax

·
Super Moderator
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UPDATE:

I went for a night ride tonight and took pictures which show:
1. low beam
2. low+high beam
3. low beam + LED bar
4. low+high beam + LED bar

WOW! I am really impressed with the LED light bar. It's like sunshine at night. I still adjusted it a bit down following the pictures below since it was aiming a bit too high. I am equally impressed with the Beamtech LED headlights which I talked about in this thread. They are a HUGE improvement over the stock halogen light bulbs and they definitely throw more and further light. If one is on a budget, I would recommend the Beamtech LED headlights without spending money on the LED light bar.

1. low beam

2. low+high beam

3. low beam + LED bar

4. low+high beam + LED bar

1 - 6 of 6 Posts