Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i dont know how many people of this forum are from canada ontario area .... but im having quite the issue finding places to sell me nitrous anymore ... use to have a local dealer do it for me now he sold the place and the new owner doesnt do it .... big company's like air liquid and praxx air wont sell it too you unless you are a DR. because apparently people are making new synthetic drugs out of nitrous, Go figure.... so ive been calling and calling and calling places within 100K radius of me and people just arent doing it anymore so any suggestions would be awesome thanks

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya air liquid and praxx air are welding supply stores ... they wont fill me a bottle unless im a DR. its a damn joke

·
Registered
687 Posts
Gotcha. The Prax Air that is local to us is the actual plant that seperates the gases through their massive seperators and then run them through their compressors and out the pipeline to the various industrial plants that use compressed air and N2. I wasn't aware they actually had retail stores.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya they have retail stores up here for basicly anything you need except nitrous ... use use prax air for all are welding gases at work

·
Registered
687 Posts
Did you try medical supply stores? Although if the welding supply store won't sell, i doubt the medical supply will either. It would be worth a call though. There has to be some place for you to buy it. I'd check out the local race shops or forums that are local to you and see where they are getting their bottles filled.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
been searching around race forums and what not... nothing is very close like 2 hrs away.... i litterly have phoned probably 40 different spots from race tracks to speed shops to scuba diving places weld supply stores .... i have 2 more places to call on monday with are suppose to be high performance race shops and then im almost out of options

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
o god lol and try to bring back something like a gas like that .... i feel like i would be put in jail trying something like that if i got caught haha i am super close to the boarder though not far at all

·
Registered
269 Posts
Air Liquide or praxair should sell it to you. I used to buy from them before. Theres 2 different types of n2o. Medical grade and the other,,,lol I can't remember the name they used. But the one you want has a touch of sulfur in it to stop people from ingesting it. If I remember a bottle would cost me around $500 plus the bottle rental. Don't quote me on that but it was up there, and I'm sure there was 60 some pounds in the bottle. I'd just fill at home.

If you go that route, I have the bottle stand (it has to be stood upside down) and the filling hoses and filter. I'd sell them cause I don't need them anymore. Even a couple 2.5 non siphoned bottles. One needs a valve I think.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts