Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any XXC pilots miss right side brake lever besides me 🤷🏻‍♂️
So I didn’t think I would miss the brake lever on the right side as much as I do. My previous Gades (08&14) both had the brake lever on the right side handlebar along with the caliper on left the rear wheel. I know that one caliper in the rear is sufficient, but I missed the option of the brake lever. Am I alone ?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I’m seriously considering seeing if I could retro fit one on my new Gade. Not sure how it will play out with the fly by wire throttle assembly 🤔

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, prepare yourself if you ever upgrade. Honestly if I had to do it all over, I would have looked for a 2018 left over instead of the 2020 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
818 Posts
I came from a Suzuki and don't miss it at all. Ask someone who snowmobiles if they miss it. If there was two brake levers, I would need the left side to only operate front brakes. I have gotten so use of not having the right brake lever I don't think I would use it. I do use my foot brake now and again and that would operate the rear. Ya so for me I don't really need two brake levers on my handle bars.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was a little skeptical about the clutch lever brake, but going from a Honda 300 with no brakes to a 2020 850xtp wasn’t as hard to adjust as I thought. After going for my left foot brake several times, by the time I remembered to grab a handful of “clutch” the engine braking had it under control. I figured I would be going thru brake pads but the only time I use the brakes is to tap my brake lights to let the person behind know of a rough spot coming up

1 - 8 of 8 Posts