Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2021 850 max, about 3 months ago I had no extricate power on my atv. After talking to the shop the suggested I check the 40am fuse just below the seat. I had pulled the fuse and reinsert it and I had power again... well today i was out for about 6 hours, toward the end of the trip I had a noise come from the front end so I shut the atv off to investigate... well when I went to start it I had no electric power again.. once I got home I checked the fuses I switched 2 of the relays and checked all all connections. And yes I put a volt meter on the battery and it was gtg.

Has any one had these issue with there 850 max? Any suggestions? Sadly I only have 650 - 700 km on the machine..

Kinda frustrating.

Thanks
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Bumper
Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Wheel

·
Registered
88 Posts
If pulling and re-inserting a 40A fuse fixed a no power issue then I would suspect either a loose wire to that 40A fuse or dirty/corroded contacts. What does the 40A fuse protect? Also, what "noise" did you hear from the front end that caused you to look at the fuses in the front?

It seems to me that these newer machines there were quality problems with the electrical systems, from wires rubbing on the Commanders, to wires getting caught in the fan, to bad crimps, to wires getting pinched for front lights, to fidgety fuses. Makes me glad to have my 2013 Outlander Max, when the only issues I've had were minor and easily explained and not manufacturing or design issues. I've got ~5,000 miles on it and it's hardly ever been in the shop and still running strong. Waiting now to buy my G2 Commander :D

·
Regular Joe
2014 Maverick 1000r
7,570 Posts
I have a hard time blaming the machine, for fuse/relay issues. They are, unfortunately, rather light-duty electrical components that aren't made by BRP, but subjected to constant vibration and heat cycles, etc.

Have you replaced the 40A fuse that had the previous connection issue? I've seen fuses fail but look fine. Batteries, ya can't just slap a multi-meter on 'em and give 'em the old "good to go", ya gotta load-test them.

Reactions: swobovike

·
Registered
757 Posts
I was helping a neighbor yesterday fix him Riding Mower. It had thrown the belt, and easy fix. He also was having problems with the battery not holding a charge. Both leads were loose. Tightened both up and it should now be fine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If pulling and re-inserting a 40A fuse fixed a no power issue then I would suspect either a loose wire to that 40A fuse or dirty/corroded contacts. What does the 40A fuse protect? Also, what "noise" did you hear from the front end that caused you to look at the fuses in the front?

It seems to me that these newer machines there were quality problems with the electrical systems, from wires rubbing on the Commanders, to wires getting caught in the fan, to bad crimps, to wires getting pinched for front lights, to fidgety fuses. Makes me glad to have my 2013 Outlander Max, when the only issues I've had were minor and easily explained and not manufacturing or design issues. I've got ~5,000 miles on it and it's hardly ever been in the shop and still running strong. Waiting now to buy my G2 Commander :D

There are 2 40 amp 1 is the main and the other is dps. The noise is hard to explain but it had something to do with my steering..

I really don't expect to have any problems with a new machine.. and the warranty is only good for 6 months, the dealer gonna charge me out the Ying yang to.fix a problem I don't believe was the cause from me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a hard time blaming the machine, for fuse/relay issues. They are, unfortunately, rather light-duty electrical components that aren't made by BRP, but subjected to constant vibration and heat cycles, etc.

Have you replaced the 40A fuse that had the previous connection issue? I've seen fuses fail but look fine. Batteries, ya can't just slap a multi-meter on 'em and give 'em the old "good to go", ya gotta load-test them.
I have mot replaced the fuse, but I will try, and yes I have also done a load test on the battery and it's gtg.

Thanks If the new fuse work I'll definitely tell you.

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts